Recent content by ToiletEnthusiast

1. ToiletEnthusiast

What brand is this toilet valve?

Looks like one of the cheapo kinds that come with new toilets. They seem to fail pretty frequently. I wouldn’t bother tinkering with it, just replace it with a new Fluidmaster or Korky brand valve ($10-15 at most hardware stores).
  2. ToiletEnthusiast

What color is your toilet?

That's a great color. I wish colors like these would make a comeback, but I don't know that many people feel the same way.
  3. ToiletEnthusiast

Identifying the model and GPF of my pre-1999 Kohler flushometer toilet

That's definitely a 3.5 GPF Wellcomme model.
  4. ToiletEnthusiast

Strange symbol on friend's toilet's lever handle

On second glance, it looks like a Peerless.
  5. ToiletEnthusiast

Strange symbol on friend's toilet's lever handle

The closest thing I could think of is Vitromex.
  6. ToiletEnthusiast

Toilet Tank - Water Siphoning Out

I dig the homemade float.
  7. ToiletEnthusiast

TOTO Drake Dual/Drake II hybrid?

I just don’t understand why Toto felt they had to redesign the Drake. They have the Drake II and the G-Max, both of which work perfectly. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Just my two cents.
  8. ToiletEnthusiast

1910 Auto flush toilet.

Same idea in a Kohler toilet system from 1948.
  9. ToiletEnthusiast

Confusing Toilet Swirl and Flush

Another thing to check is the siphon jet at the bottom of the bowl. Over time, it can become plugged with mineral deposits and slow the flush down. The majority of newer toilets have them, some older ones don't.
  10. ToiletEnthusiast

Kohler K-3420 1992 Wellworth Lite Toilet Review

I recently saw a video of a Kohler toilet from Japan which uses somewhat of the same idea as the old Wellworth Lite with the exposed siphon jet pointing up into the trap. Hopefully this time they executed it a little better.
  11. ToiletEnthusiast

Mansfield 1985 3.5 GPF Toilet

In my experience, those 80s Mansfields have been pretty decent, but that new Drake is a far better replacement.
  12. ToiletEnthusiast

Lamosa toilet tank broke

Lamosa toilets are known to be very low quality and cheap, FWIW I’d get something better. I’d say 99% of the toilets on sale today are better than a Lamosa.
  13. ToiletEnthusiast

Floor mount, rear outlet toilet. Help finding a replacement toilet :(

Cool, an American Standard Yorkville! American Standard does still make the Yorkville, although it’s a pressure-assisted model so it’s a little louder, but performs pretty well. Kohler also makes a rear outlet toilet called the Barrington, which like the Yorkville is pressure assisted. Either...
  14. ToiletEnthusiast

Toilet advice needed

I personally have a Champion 4 and it’s been fine for me. However, there have been numerous complaints about the flush valve gasket leaking and the toilet itself being defective.
  15. ToiletEnthusiast

Toilet advice needed

Eek, a Vitromex. Utter garbage, to put it bluntly. I’d absolutely recommend a Toto Drake or Drake II. The Kohler Highline is a great choice as well.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks