Recent content by tman1991

1. tman1991

Bathtub drain connections question

Yeah its 2nd floor. That's why I'm shocked to see american standard sell a $150 drain with slip fit connecting parts and its not even good abs plastic. It's the really thin plastic. The trim pieces look nice but the plumbing parts are junk.
  2. tman1991

Yeah the slip joint things kinda scare me but the approved american standard drain is all slip joint. I can glue on these. https://www.homedepot.com/p/NIBCO-1-1-2-in-ABS-DWV-Hub-x-SJ-Trap-Adapter-C58017HD112/100344620 but that's still slip joint. It's a very tight fit. Wondering if I could...
  3. tman1991

Also since im using an acrylic tub i guess I need to use silicone under the drain?
  4. tman1991

Hi. I'm replacing my bathtub with a new one and the old waste line is ABS and is 1/2 too long. I have a few options. 1. Just cut out 1/2 and solvent a union joint. 2. Replace the end with a new shoe and solvent weld it 3. Use a kit that has slip joint fittings that either use it's own...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks