Recent content by TJ.

1. TJ.

Well sanitizing (extra attention to 4 inch casing)

At the top of the well pipe there is a tee buried about 3 ft from the top of the ground. I guess I could plumb garden hose fitting to the top of tee. Starting to get smelly water from our house well water. Have a separate well for outside that has been smelly ever since changing from a...
  2. TJ.

Well sanitizing (extra attention to 4 inch casing)

Im trying to see how this changes for a shallow well jet pump system?
  3. TJ.

Another Well Water Pressure Issue and maybe others

I haven't been on in a while and thought an update to the pump and pressure switch drop to 30/50 has been. That old craftsman pump has been hanging in there and I haven't had any problems since making the change, so A BIG THANKS for that advice. For the craftsman pump, I thought I would put a...
  4. TJ.

Yep another member here suggested National Testing Labs for an analysis. It doesn't look cheap but compared to a Hospital stay i reckon it is so I'll get it done. In my setup pics, there is a filter canister that is not see through. We used to be able to put a carbon filter in it but years...
  5. TJ.

Right now, I've knocked things down to be 30/50 with the pump and I can say its acting better from a soap removing shower standpoint. The pressure switch seems to have taken the adjustments I made and is cutting on and off according to the new gauge at 30/50. I'm hoping things will continue this...
  6. TJ.

Is 50 -70 pressure switch what a family of four would need to have that car wash style shower or is that the norm? So the 1/2 hp pump vs the 3/4 hp pump has better pressure at more run time to get that or is the 3/4 hp going to be a bigger electrical draw?
  7. TJ.

just compared the Goulds J7S which is 3/4 hp and looks much better on the pump performance gpm grid when compared to mine. And I would assume parts availability would more likely to exist 10 -15 years from now.
  8. TJ.

Sears owners manual for pump, arrow is pointing to my model number
  9. TJ.

Ok, I am going to try that Reach4. Air down the tank and go ahead and get a 30/50 switch. We're on a ranch. One shower /toilet at far end of house. One thing I'm able to do is cut off the ball valve top left in one of the setup pics and then cut on another ball valve on the right to be able to...
  10. TJ.

As pump was running and not getting very far past about 51-52, I turned the large spring back to shut off sooner. Pump shuts off so give it some time and after some water demand pump was running again and was again around 50 and not moving past that to shut off. Lightly touched the contact...
  11. TJ.

The tank came preset to 38 so I was just trying to get it back to that. Just to confirm, If I air it down to 25, that wont be a problem even though preset from factory was 38?
  12. TJ.

Its a disposable filter. I'm not cleaning it as part of my too cheap to buy new issues its just been a way to determine if its filter issues or something else. Maybe 16 years is a good run for that 3/4 hp craftsman pump for a family of four.
  13. TJ.

More....cleaning the pipes of dust and dirt would have been a good thing to keep up appearances
  14. TJ.

So after taking pump off and looking inside I didn't see anything clogging the nozzle. Cleaned pump inside of the silt, flushed the nozzle, pulled the diffuser to look at impeller and it looks ok to me. Flushed that out too. After draining pressure tank checked the pressure at 35lbs so aired it...
  15. TJ.

So for the last year or two, have been having to replace Kenmore Whole house filter monthly. Lately have gone to every 2.5 to 3 weeks removing filter and cleaning it off. Years ago, didn't replace it nearly as often. So, since being in the house for 18+years, I've replaced the Craftsman 3/4 hp...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks