Recent content by Titan17

1. Titan17

Whole house filter for 0.20 mg/L iron

Thanks for both replies. Re: 6.2 pH isn't that low. I'm glad you said that. The old water heater was a cheapo that was 9 years old and still in service. The house is all pex now so I may just use an iron backwash system and filter. Trying to keep cost and maintenance down.
  2. Titan17

In regards to using a tank style system, would an upflo calcite system work just as well as a backwash unit. Followed by a backwash iron unit. A neighbor will give me a new 1 cu. ft. upflo calcite tank. My water has no silt, sand, etc.; Very clear & clean. I'll also use a pre filter if...
  3. Titan17

I had a neutralizer years ago. They haven't changed other than lcd control. I had the Fleck mechanical control - easy and cheap to rebuild; I like that. This used system is 2 years old with a fresh refill in it. He said he will take much less - wants it gone. But it's over 3 hrs round trip...
  4. Titan17

Yes this advice seems to ring true with everyone with experience. I do my own installations so will save there. There's a used system for $300 with a fleck 5600 that's an hour away. Used is fine I think for the calcite system. Because my iron is so low at 0.2 mg/L maybe the big blue 20"...
  5. Titan17

Water softener for a low flow system.

I have a shallow well 300' from house on a 3/4" line. Only about 15' of head but marginally produces 5 gpm. I'm running a J5s with an orafice kit to increase draw. It works fine for the 1 person 1 bathroom house. Problem is water quality requires a softener and acid neutralizer tank. (ph...
  6. Titan17

First post here. I've come to this site many times in the past but couldn't find answer to my minor well water problem. Background info: shallow well, jet pump, 5 gpm flow, 1 bathroom/1 person home. Problem: disolved iron (0.20 mg/L) & low pH (6.2). Water test results by testing lab. All...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks