Recent content by TipsMcStagger

1. TipsMcStagger

Toto's new wall hung toilets: AP, MH, RP, EP - Feedback and Reviews

I'm not home to look at it but to the best of my recollection, the difference is that the porcelain has a cast-in pass through that allows both the bidet water supply and electrical cord to drop down through the porcelain rather than drape off the side. This arrangement makes the water supply...
  2. TipsMcStagger

Running out of hot water in one shower

Hot water from the tap shows about 110 degrees. I'll try to adjust the thermostat to see if I can get it to 120.
  3. TipsMcStagger

Yes, but the old water heater was a 30 gallon capacity. This new AO smith is a 40 gallon. In more than a decade with the old heater, I never ran out of hot water. And I'm certain I took some long showers in that time. I realize the new shower is a variable. I'm just wondering if this...
  4. TipsMcStagger

All of the fixtures in the bathroom are Delta Pivotal. I did attempt to adjust the cartridge this past summer. There were a few times I'd been exercising in the 90+ degree FL heat and wanted to cool off in a cold shower. But at full cold, the water was not refreshing. I know the ground...
  5. TipsMcStagger

I recently had my water heater replaced with an AO Smith ENLB-40. My master bath was renovated a few months before the old water heater failed. I can't remember exactly when but around the time the new heater was installed, I installed this larger rain type shower head. The specs for the head...
  6. TipsMcStagger

Wall Mounted Toilet - Opening a Can of Worms?

I understand your theoretical position. But I paid an obscene amount of money to have this unit installed because I was paying by the hour and although the crew was professional and had a good attitude, they were scratching their heads trying to figure things out for as much time as they were...
  7. TipsMcStagger

Wall Mounted Toilet - Opening a Can of Worms?

The water level does sit pretty low in the bowl. I've found that if you give yourself a courtesy flush soon after, ummm...making your deposit, it lessens the problem of skid marks. The bidet seat does have a setting to pre-moisten the bowl when motion is detected (walking past the toilet)...
  8. TipsMcStagger

Opinions on Drilling Through Shower Wall

I'm traveling but the girlfriend sent this pic; the Super installed the HydroRail today and apparently, had no issues. And thanks for identifying the valve body as the Atrio. That made it much easier to determine we needed a 47050000 cartridge. Replacing the cartridge, as expected, has...
  9. TipsMcStagger

I travel for a living. I just stayed in a hotel that coincidentally has Kohler HydroRail fixtures installed. The pictures illustrate the importance of using the correct type of wall anchors. It was like this when I checked-in.
  10. TipsMcStagger

LOL...funny that you're guessing it's in the sweet spot. It might very well be, but I've spent the past couple of days thinking about how I didn't really care for Delta's design, which doesn't allow for easy adjustability outside the 2" specification. The little voice inside my head was...
  11. TipsMcStagger

Yes, I saw the same limitation with the inlet adapter design that Delta uses. I emailed the installation instructions to the super and pointed out that he should put a mark (or tape) on the existing shower arm flush with the tile before removing it so he can see how far it extends into the wall...
  12. TipsMcStagger

The Delta Emerge unit we bought does use the drop-ear to charge the entire fixture. From a plumbing perspective, installing the Delta fixture is no more involved than replacing a shower arm. The existing shower arm is removed and the Delta inlet adapter is threaded into the drop ear. The...
  13. TipsMcStagger

We own the apartment. It's a co-op. The super will do the the installation. We've already had a conversation with him. He's less concerned about the installation than I am.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks