Recent content by timwise999

1. timwise999

shower drain forSterling 48" shower surround

I have a Sterling 48" shower surround in my master bathroom. A few months after installation I noticed water leaking in my garage. I look at the drain in the base of the surround and there is an 1/8" gap between drain and base of surround that is filled with silicone caulk. I put more caulk...
  2. timwise999

No hot water from Moen shower faucet

Problem solved, fire the plumber I finally decided to cut into the sheetrock and remove the side of the shower surround so I can remove the Moen shower faucet. My friend that did the plumbing discovered the problem. All the plumbing is copper and he used shark-bite T's. Well, one of the...
  3. timwise999

Good point, but I have the black plastic piece on the stem and I can see how far it needs to turn CCW for hot. I have tested it several times with the handle on. One side of the white plastic has HC and I have that on top. I've tried it upside down without success.
  4. timwise999

There is a piece internal to the cartridge and it is not stuck. When I shake the cartridge, it makes a noise like a can of paint which is good according to Moen. I think the problem is the pressure, but the water pressure for hot and cold is fine on all faucets in the house. I have a regular...
  5. timwise999

I purchased a Moen shower faucet L82691 from Lowes and installed it behind my nice new Sterling shower surround. When I turn on the water, I get lots of cold water and only luke warm water when it is turned all the way to hot. I don't have the handle on yet, so the plastic limit pieces are not...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks