Recent content by timsean

1. timsean

Jaclo: Any opinions or experience with Jaclo

I am looking at Jaclo shower valves (thermostatic valve, diverter, and hand shower). Anyone with experience with Jaclo? How does the quality compare with, say, Grohe? Also ease of repair, parts availability, how often repairs are needed? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Tim
  2. timsean

Canada shower question--just wondering

I have seen shower stalls (not a tub) in Canada that use a regular tub diverter set up: shower head, valve, and a tub spout near the floor. I've never seen this in the USA. Anybody know the reason for this in Canada (or how common this may be--the ones I saw were in the Toronto area). Just...
  3. timsean

Best shower valve--ranking companies from high to low

Shopping around for a new shower system, which made me wonder the relative merits and quality of the various brands. I like the look of Kohler, but have been warned off the brand. So I am wondering (especially from the plumbers out there) what are the best brands? If you could rank them...
  4. timsean

Proper pipe size for shower valve on well water system

Long time reader, but my first post. I am redoing my bathroom (45 years old), and will be putting in a new shower valve. The water is from a well. Since it's well water, the pressure and flow rate are lower than city water systems. My question is this: when replacing the shower valve...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks