Recent content by Timothy Young

1. Timothy Young

Gas Water Heater: Good News / Bad News

I don’t think I’m interested in the Hybrid HP Water Heater. Bringing power upstairs to the water heater closet won’t be cheap. When you first mentioned it, I was thinking something along the lines of a Water Source HP, that preheated the water & finished to temp by an electric element. That also...
  2. Timothy Young

Thanks everyone. Yes, it’s 35 years old, it was a Sears Kenmore Power Miser. My wife bought it before we married. 1st thing I did after marriage is turned down the temp to the low side of the dial. I never measured it, but it was still plenty hot. Not sure if that helped with the long life or...
  3. Timothy Young

66 year old hot water heater still working

Now I feel like I got ripped off with only getting 35 years out of my heater.
  4. Timothy Young

Good news is my heater has a 10 year warranty. Bad news is that it expired 25 years ago, and is leaking. Are there any tips on selecting a new high quality heater? Is there any difference between manufactures? Is a longer warranty worth the extra $$#'s or should I go with a shorter warranty &...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks