Recent content by Tim Plaster

1. Tim Plaster

Katalox Light short lived

I can get the whole valve off without too much trouble. So I think I'll do that, siphon out all the water in the tank and then put the bleach solution in. That way I can make sure it gets down within the KL. Yes, I did get programming instructions. However, I remember the "filter vs df1b" being...
  2. Tim Plaster

I've definitely got a dispersal basket. I'm going back and forth on whether I originally set it to "filter" or df1b. I don't ever remember setting the brine draw (or air draw) though, so it makes me feel like it was on filter. Any idea on what I should set the brine draw to? Looks like Brine...
  3. Tim Plaster

Well, that makes me feel real smart. Pretty sure it's been on "filter". This might explain everything... So, do you think there's a way to rejuvenate the Katalox that's in there? Bleach or Iron Out bath?
  4. Tim Plaster

Yes, I just increased the minutes. I suppose I'll need to go check what the DLFC is when I go back there. When I removed the valve, I did inspect everything and while it had some brown staining, it wasn't overly gross. So, I didn't mess with it. I even opened the injector valve and the little...
  5. Tim Plaster

Based on excellent help and recommendations from this forum, I recently installed a Fleck 2510 AIO with Katalox light in a 10" tank. It started out great. The water was flowing clear and the brown stains weren't coming back. Fast forward 6 months and the iron water is back. My iron levels are...
  6. Tim Plaster

How to cost effectively control some pretty high Iron

Thanks again to all who have helped. So for a 10" tank and I'm shooting for 35% expansion with about 50 deg. water temp. The chart from Dittohead's catalog suggests 10-15 gpm backwash rate so I'd set the BW setting of a 2510SXT to "7" according to Reach4's chart above as well as the chart from...
  7. Tim Plaster

Ok, got it. Any idea if some gravel below the Katalox makes a difference on the expansion rate? Or would it make more sense to spring for a Vortech tank and skip the gravel? Also, mind if you tell me where you got the chart in case i want to change up the tank diam.? Thanks so much for all of...
  8. Tim Plaster

Ok, do I really need a tank that big for such small usage? Like I said, 2 baths not occupied full time. Would a 10x54 work? I have no clue on bed expansion, so I'll take your word there. Is the "backwash temp" the temp of the water? If so, I'm guessing the temp of my crawlspace since the...
  9. Tim Plaster

Actually, that is what the pump tested. The well itself is off the charts. Like 80 gpm!
  10. Tim Plaster

...oops, actually the report says it tested at 14 GPM.
  11. Tim Plaster

OK, so the 2510 would be the better bet. My well report says the pump installed produces 10 GPM. So, guessing a 10x54 tank with 1.5 CF Katalox?
  12. Tim Plaster

Great, thank you. Are there different sizes (flows) of AIO? Looks like just a Fleck 5600 SXT, tank and some Katalox light would do it. Any backwash tank needed? Do you think a softener afterward is necessary? I'm wondering if maybe I can leave space for that when funds are better and just take...
  13. Tim Plaster

...I should mention that the crawlspace is tall. I can almost stand up in it and I'm over 6'. It's getting items in there that's the problem. After looking at more posts, maybe my iron isn't that awful. Maybe an AIO filter followed by a softener would do? If so, can someone recommend sizes as...
  14. Tim Plaster

Hello all. I've been scouring old posts from the site to get an idea of what I would be in for when my well test results came in. I just got them and while I knew the iron would be high I was hoping it wouldn't be this high... Total Alkalinity 230.0 Bicarbonate 230.0...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks