Recent content by Tim Fastle

1. Tim Fastle

Drain Pressure tank via the Pressure Relief Valve

On further thought, the fact that the water may be dirty and contaminated has me wondering if it might be wiser to get the water out right at the tank. There is not good way to get the water from that tank out without blowing it a long way and partially though the house. If I let all of the...
  2. Tim Fastle

I must say, that is a very good idea and much less complicated than the approach I was thinking of. This system has two tanks next to one another. The bladder on the second tank is not broken. I have never thought about this but, with regard to the second tank, when the well is off, how...
  3. Tim Fastle

I need to replace one of my well pressure tanks (has 2 32 gallon bladder tanks). The tanks are plumbed together before the pressure switch and there is a pressure relief valve but no drain valve. My plan is turn of the well breaker, run my irrigation to run the pressure out of the system and...
  4. Tim Fastle

Boiler Seems to Fire up a bit "strong"?

I appreciate what you are saying and I probably didn't do a great job explaining the difference in the sound with the door open. I still get the sound of burners lighting (that mildly deep sound like a Harley about 300 yards away giving a quick and slight twist of the throttle). What I don't...
  5. Tim Fastle

I appreciate the reply. There is not a window in the boiler room but there is a dedicated air vent from the roof as well as a 3" gap along the bottom of the door and the flame seems to be a nice blue color and fully burning the fuel. What specifically about what I have described would...
  6. Tim Fastle

If you can't read the numbers (I had to crop and resized due to file size) here is just the label.
  7. Tim Fastle

Sorry for the slow reply, getting this picture was more difficult than I thought it would be. I think it has the numbers you want. As for my original question, I actually think the noise I hear is the door to the mechanical room gently being pushed against the jamb. While taking the pictures...
  8. Tim Fastle

Here is the picture of the flames. Also, with the door to the mechanical room open (while taking the picture) the sound is much less noticeable. I think it may be air gently pushing the door into the jamb and I was thinking that light thud was the burners igniting. But, I wouldn't mind you...
  9. Tim Fastle

Our home is about 4300 sf and we have radiant baseboard heating. About 2 years ago we replaced the boiler with a 166,000 btu Weil-McLain, Model # CGa-6PIDN, natural gas. Our prior boiler had a pilot light, this one has an ignitor. We are happy with the unit but one thing has bothered me since it...
  10. Tim Fastle

Evaporative Cooler, Down Discharge vs Side Discharge?

Yes, I will have dampers built into the discharge elbows that go from the unit to the roof jack. That was another issue with the down discharge units I had, no dampers. Good question!
  11. Tim Fastle

Thanks fitter. No, aesthetics isn't really a concern. The only real reasons for the down discharge I can see are aesthetics, footprint and a little additional cost which aren't a problem. The draw back to me is access for maintenance to the ducting interface (and even getting a good seal on...
  12. Tim Fastle

Replacing 2 full house evaporative coolers that are down discharge. Had problems with them leaking air between the roof jack and AC interface and, due to access issues (because the interface is under the unit), it was difficult to address effectively. Am likely going to go with side discharges...
  13. Tim Fastle

Evaporative Cooler Replacement, down draft adding a damper??

That would indeed be a very clean install. I have decided that I will go with a side discharge. WIth this design I assume I would want the damper at the discharge opening and the 90 duct elbow attached to it? The discharge opening is 19.75 x 19.75. Not being a HVAC guy, where might I get...
  14. Tim Fastle

Evaporative Cooler Replacement, down draft adding a damper??

I currently have 2 large, fairly tired, Master Cool down draft evaporative coolers on our flat roof. We are getting a new roof (TPO) soon and I plan to replace the evaporative coolers as part of that process. Neither unit has a damper to to actuate or insert for winterization (instead, I...
  15. Tim Fastle

Connecting 10g AWG to GFI receptacle?

Well I'll be. There I went again assuming (that they wouldn't accept 10 gauge wire) and I should have known where that might get me. Sorry for not looking harder before posting but I do very much appreciate the help (again)!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks