Recent content by tikicarver

1. tikicarver

where did you get fittings for PE pipe?

I was able to buy the compression fittings. These fittings are 100% better than using a barb fitting. Plus they cost less, only $6.50 each.
  2. tikicarver

I found these guys. they said they have a distributor in my area. http://www.floplastfits.com/products.html Now i have to see if they will sell to a DIY guy.
  3. tikicarver

I found these on line. They have a longer barb section. http://www.completeplumbingsource.com/barbed-threaded-insert-male-cast-bronze-adapter
  4. tikicarver

is this the brass one you are suggesting? http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/Hose-Barb-6AFN7?Pid=search
  5. tikicarver

yeh, don';t want to use steeel, but so far that is al i can find in the the local stores. Lowes did have some brass fittings, but the barbed part that goes into the pipe was pretty short, it would not allow the use of two clamps. The one in the photo above is long enough but it is steel. there...
  6. tikicarver

I am replacing a main water line with 1 inch PE pipe. I have looked in several stores for fittings and all i can find are the steel fittings below. And all they have are the standard hose clamps, like the ones in cars to hold them on. The PE pipe is pretty stiff and I'm wondering if the...
  7. tikicarver

where to buy PE pipe for mainline replacement

is this the right stuff? http://www.lowes.com/pd_24197-124-2-1160100_0__?productId=3514728&Ntt=ads+sidr+7+nsf+pipe&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dads%2Bsidr%2B7%2Bnsf%2Bpipe&facetInfo= I can get it from Lowes delivered to my local store. The the question is where to you get the fittings and clamps...
  8. tikicarver

main water line has two pressure regulators???

I seem to remember checking the pressure when I moved in 3 years ago and it was not at 90psi. I'm guessing the one at the meter failed recently and that is why I developed a leak right after the regulator where the pipe switched to PVC. One of the joints was leaking. So i fixed that and the next...
  9. tikicarver

So local Home Depot doesn't have it and the guy didn't even know what I was talking about. I checked with Lowes, they have it on their website, but I checked 3 local stores and none of them carry it and they didn't know what i was talking about. Even checked two plumbing supply stores, they...
  10. tikicarver

At my house the water meter is up a hill and is actually higher than my roof line. I measured right after the meter and it was 90 PSI, then meassured after the regulator at the entrance of the house and it was 90 PSI, so looks like they are both set at 90 PSI. I also measured at the opposite end...
  11. tikicarver

I found out I have two pressure regulators installed on the main water line, I'm guessing this is not normal. Is there a reason to do this? He is what I have, water meter, gate valve, pressure regulator, 100ft of 1 1/4 PVC, then at entrance of house, 1" copper, gate valve, pressure...
  12. tikicarver

Thanks for the info. I stopped by my local Home Depot, they don't have PE pipe except for some small diameter stuff. They do have 1" white PEX. I read on another forum that you can use PEX for a main water supply line but it has to be sleeved. If given the choice would you use PEX or PE...
  13. tikicarver

any recommendation on what type fittings to use? ie Are there any types I should stay away from?
  14. tikicarver

Didn't see it last time I was there. I'll check again. (it wouldn't surprise me since I'm told our HD is the smallest in the country) There is a Lowes about an hr drive away, do they carry it? Also, is 1" the right size to use? Currently I see 1" coming off the water meter and 1" going into the...
  15. tikicarver

I need to replace a leaking main water supply line. The current line would a big expensive job to replace. Got a quote of approximately $3000 for a trenchless replacement job. The guy did mention that I could save a lot of money if I ran a new line in put it in myself, then just pay a plumber...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks