Recent content by TigerDriver

1. TigerDriver

Fitting to connect air compressor to 3/4" PVC?

I'd like to connect my air compressor to 3/4" PVC to simplify winterizing my outdoor irrigation system. Can anyone suggest what kind of fittings to use? Thanks, .. Joe
  2. TigerDriver

How to drill 2.25" hole in cinder block wall?

Would a carbide-tipped bit stand up? Keep in mind that the voids in the cinder blocks are not filled with concrete, so I only need to to drill through one inner and one outer wall--about two inches in all.
  3. TigerDriver

The nearest Home Depot rental store is about 150 mi. away. I already own a hammer drill and an arbor that holds a 2-1/2" bi-metal hole saw. I was hoping to purchase just a single saw to fit my existing arbor.
  4. TigerDriver

I'm installing a 5-zone drip irrigation system. I'm locating the control valves in my garage, whose walls are concree block with brick veneer on outside. The poly pipe is 0.700" OD. Rather than drilling five separate holes through the wall, I want to drill a single hole through the...
  5. TigerDriver

I am confused

Who knows? Incandescent sources are "volumetric" radiators while LED's are "point" radiatiors. Here's a good article on the subject.
  6. TigerDriver

Phantom voltage

First choice: an inductively coupled Fluke tester (e.g., Model 1AC-A1-II). Since they ignore anything under 90 VAC, I've yet to have a false positive. They're about $30. Second Choice: The cheapest Radio Shack volt/ohm meter you can buy (about $8 IIRC). Because of its low input impedence...
  7. TigerDriver

sprinklers tripping well pump

What's "dry spice?"
  8. TigerDriver

Can't get knobs of stems. Any ideas?

Bought both puller and sockets. Like you said, the puller yanked 'em off in seconds, and the sockets made quick work of extracting the stems. Thanks for fast/good advice.
  9. TigerDriver

Can't get knobs of stems. Any ideas?

I need to fix a faucet drips in my shower/tub. I assumed that these faucets take standard neoprene washers. I removed the screw from each knob, but I can't for the life of me get them off the stems. I've wiggled them; I've tried heating them with a hair dryer; I've even tried to pry them...
  10. TigerDriver

Replacing cast-iron elbow

Happy Ending I took the elbow and attached length of pipe to a local plumbing suppy, plopped it on the counter, and ask for the suitable ABS replacements. I was given an 60-degree ABS elbow, a length of ABS pipe, and two Fernco couplings. One coupling connected the pipe to the lower stub...
  11. TigerDriver

Although it isn't visible in the photo, the side of the upper elbow is scaling away from rust and theres a 2mm hole all the way through. This is all moot, anyway, as I cut out the offending section yesterday--from the top of the 45-degree elbow, to the T at the bottom. I made the upper cut...
  12. TigerDriver

I have room to try drilling at the bottom end, but the top end is too close to the floor. I've also bought some the recommended recip-saw bits and have rented a snap cutter. IOW, I've got this thing surrounded. BTW, I've used TigerDriver on dozens of forums and you're the first person ever...
  13. TigerDriver

Paul, Once I get the elbow out, I had planned to use a no-hub adapter and PVC or ABS. I have not heard the term "drill out" before. What exactly do you mean by that? Thanks for your response,
  14. TigerDriver

Thanks for the response. Don't know why the page won't load for you. I tried to attach the photos to this post, but I was unsuccessful. So try this (slightly different) link. If it doesn't work, try copying it into your browser's address bar. I fear that this will become a nightmare, too...
  15. TigerDriver

I'm a good DIY'er with a good set of tools, but I have never worked with cast iron before. Since this is a small, localized problem it seems like a good place to start. The drain in my seldom-used bathtub has developed slow drip at a rust spot in a 45-degree cast-iron elbow. The 2-inch pipe...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks