Recent content by Thurman

1. T

Can I drill my own well ?

You may want to check local codes on that. Here, not every where, we are not allowed to have our own well. Not even for irrigation purposes. I live in the county on over 1 measured acre, this house had a well when initially built for potable water, etc. Later the local City ran water lines out...
  2. T

Sink backing up - wit's end has come and gone!!!

It sounds like you may have the same problem I had two years ago. The symptoms sound the same only I did not do a remodel, my sinks just started draining slow. I augered and such and no significant results were noted. Under my house, much like in your garage, I found a clean-out. When I removed...
  3. T

ceiling fan blades for outdoors

I bought "plastic" fan blades for the ceiling fan on my back porch at Home Depot. They were slightly more in cost than the indoor ones but worth it. My porch has a roof over it but in S. Ga. the humidity got to the wooden/sawdust blades and made them droop. Thanks, David
  4. T

Remove PEX Tubing?

Did you cut the crimped ring in only one place? I have had to remove very few crimped PEX fittings and I cut them at three or four places around the fitting. A little wiggle and they have come off. The heat is a good suggestions also.
  5. T

Need advice on sprinkler valve

Does any manufacturer make a 12v DC operated sprinkler (water)control valve that is 1 1/4" NFPT ported on both ends? My local big box stores certainly don't have them and before I go running around searching I thought I would ask. Thanks, David
  6. T

Trouble Emptying Water Heater

fox, it would not surprise me or others if it were that slow, mineral build-up would be my #1 suspect. I've had water heaters like this and there are two choices in my opinion, O.K. everyone has an opinion. You may could remove the water heater from the house with the water in it, provided you...
  7. T

GFCI in bedrooms per 2009 NEC?

Maybe a little more info and clarification as to what this was all about: It is a State of Georgia Amendment to the 2008 NEC, and is about arc-fault and not GFCI. The link I found is very long but it falls under Georgia's Amendments: "210.12 Arc-Fault Circuit-Interrupter Protection." From...
  8. T

GFCI in bedrooms per 2009 NEC?

During a conversation with two (2) local, licensed residential electricians and one of the local electrical inspectors, on a job site the other day> Any new residential construction after Jan.01, 2009 requires that all 120v circuits within a bedroom be GFCI protected on either a 15 amp or 20 amp...
  9. T

Whirlpool - Any Changes in 2008

The Whirlpool "Energy Smart" are the electric units. I have one I bought and installed two years ago last December. Just last month (Jan.) it quit working. The little green light on the unit wasn't on and not hot water. I had power to the control board but that was it. A call to the 1-800-(help...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks