Recent content by threaderman

1. threaderman

Vent Freezing

In the warmer weather,increase vent size through roof and insulate.
  2. threaderman

Basement rough-in issues

Someone overlooked something .Were there prints ?Who was responsible for overseeing the job?That's where you'd have to start.
  3. threaderman

Basement rough-in issues

Got ya.Okay,that pipe next to the toilet flange is a indirect waste that can be used for a clothes washer or water softener [the one with the trap] and that is about the only residential application .The tub-box should have bein on the other side of the tub to the right in order to be worked on...
  4. threaderman

Glad to find your Forum

Food is the universal bribe!I've learned to go hungry :D.
  5. threaderman

Basement rough-in issues

And why is there a stand-pipe/indirect waste in your bathroom.Hope that's not supposed to be the lav.
  6. threaderman

Basement rough-in issues

If I read wrong and it is a shower,center of your shower stall is the normal place for the drain.But it doesn't have to be in the center,it is just more practical.
  7. threaderman

Basement rough-in issues

I'm sorry about that.It would be a one day,day-and a half job, to bust a little of the floor and make it work.You'll have to take the plumbing to the walls.It needs inspection.I would have installed a right-handed tub instead for access to the tub-box after the tub is set.Good-luck.
  8. threaderman

Glad to find your Forum

Yes it will,Methane.
  9. threaderman

Cannot find my PRV valve Help Please

Could go either way.Of course code now is that ALL valves have a min.12" x 12" access.I have found prv's any-where between the meter and the house.On the inside of the home it would be where your service comes in before being distributed through the home,which is a common [best] area.
  10. threaderman

Basement rough-in issues

The rough-in is wrong.Never inspected I'm sure.Correcting it may not be possible with-out moving the walls or busting up the floors.We would need measurements to know for sure either way.
  11. threaderman

Glad to find your Forum

Nice idea with the pole.;)
  12. threaderman

Glad to find your Forum

Thanks for your input.I have bein a Lic. Contractor for years ,Plumbing & Gas ,so this is not new to me .Sorry if I gave the impression it is.I test on average 2 systems a week.Guages here for tests under 15psi must be in 0.10 increments as well.I also own the Ridgid cg-100 gas sniffer which is...
  13. threaderman

Glad to find your Forum

Thanks for the input Mike.Yes I have followed the pipes through the home and leak tested roughly 100 joints.i have opened some walls to test the stub-outs.Their is a area in the crawl I cannot physically get to and wanted to introduce a gas that whistles a bit in order to possibly hear if there...
  14. threaderman

Glad to find your Forum

Excellent Forum,I look forward to participating.I am a lic.Plumbing & Gas contractor in Oklahoma city.I have a home I'm doing a gas pressure test on .I cannot reach a few fittings to put leak tech. on them or get near with a sniffer.I rarely can't find all the leaks but this is a large home...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks