Recent content by Thetruck454

1. Thetruck454

Honeywell R7284U install questions

I've added conditioner to the tank several times. but no real gain. I'll look into something to test for water. Unfortunately they come over when my wife is home and I'm at work so I don't get to look at the filter element. They usually say the nozzle is carboned up.
  2. Thetruck454

It's been both. The past two techs were from an oil company that has inhouse techs
  3. Thetruck454

System is a oil fired Vega B10-4 boiler for hydronic heat with a separate zone for a hot water super store. I replaced my old R7185u with a R7284U. The old R7184 had the 15sec Valve on delay enabled, and the post purge was set to 4minutes. I wanted to double check my settings and ask some...
  4. Thetruck454

Oil boiler gets dirty quickly.

So I replaced the nozzle again air now she's purring like a kitten. The old nozzle was very wet with oil. Looking at the burner manual for the blower/fan I have it states a .65x70 a or ss nozzle @ 150 psig. The nozzle in there and the one I replaced it with is a .65x70a. Looking closer at...
  5. Thetruck454

I put a permanent pressure gauge on the pump before I installed the tiger loop. It sits right at 160 psig, though the needle does flutter. I assumed the fluttering was due to the pump pressure spikes. You mentioned to look at the pump pressure especially with a tiger loop, are they known to...
  6. Thetruck454

Looking for advice on what to check/what my next steps should be. I'm not a professional by any means, just a homeowner who likes to try to do things themselves. In the basement I have a 275 double walled steel horizontal tank with a general air red toped filter. The line then goes up about 4...
  7. Thetruck454

Verify my Fleck 5810sxt settings

Bahaha, that's for the good laugh.
  8. Thetruck454

Verify my Fleck 5810sxt settings

I pieced my settings together from reading on here. Anything seam off? Water was tested to 9gpg .25gpm .75lb/min Injector 1 drain flow 2.4gpm 1.5cuft resin in 10x54 tank 15x17x36 brine tank DF:GAL VT:5810 RF:df1b CT:fd C:30 (This right for 6lbs salt/cuft?) H:10 RS:RC RC:200 Do:28 RT:2:00 BW:10...
  9. Thetruck454

Sewer vent relocation

That's interesting. The one that says current is how the house is. Could you explain why layout b wouldn't work? It has both sinks tie into the vent up in the attic so their vent path cannot be plugged by the shower or toilet and therefore be siphoned.
  10. Thetruck454

Sewer vent relocation

I have I beam floor joists that are 16” o.c. and run parallel with the sewer line. Sewer main line is 3” Sink is 1.5” Shower is 2” Currently the shower is an alcove and the vent line is in that part wall. Wall to the right of the toilet is an outside wall. Remaining walls are inside walls I’m...
  11. Thetruck454

Adding radiant heat to existing hydronic baseboard heating

5 bays at under 9' a bay then you have to acount for the turns, but you also don't go to the edges of the rooms so I bet 50' is close
  12. Thetruck454

The ultrafin will be the only thing on that zone and I'd be running 3/4 copper up to where I change to the 1/2 pex just before the ultrafin. Then back to 3/4 copper after the ultra fin. Total copper length is probably 20' to and 20' from the boiler.
  13. Thetruck454

My heating pipes are 3/4". All I can find is ultrafin for 1/2" pex, how much of an issue will that be with all the other zones being 3/4?
  14. Thetruck454

So if I used ultra fin for the bathroom, it would be the only part of the house that doesn't have a setback, how would that work? I'd think the bathrooms would constantly be losing heat to the rest of the house which would cause the zone to call for heat repeatedly and cause even more short...
  15. Thetruck454

Set up for oil with a Carlin ez-1 burner and non powereed direct vent. When you talk about purge, what do you mean? I know when a call for heat comes from the taco zone controller, the burner will run the fan for maybe 20 seconds before the oil control valve opens and it lights off. It does...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks