Recent content by TheRealDanno

1. TheRealDanno

Moen Shower Valve - Cartridge Removal Issue. Plastic Mounting Adapter in the way

Well there was no rubber gasket and I decided to remove the old caulk and attempt the repair. The plastic extension piece was in good shape. Thank god because they are impossible to find. Maybe Moen has them but they're a pretty old part (circa year 2000) so maybe not. Anyhow I just turned the...
  2. TheRealDanno

Old Moentrol valve. Can I replace old handle kit with a new Moen shower faucet?

I have an older Moen shower kit. It’s a Legend series on a Moentrol valve. It uses a 1225 cartridge. I noticed the new shower handles Moen sell for their latest Moentrol valves now use a different cartridge - something called M-Pact cartridges which don’t look like the old 1225 at all. My...
  3. TheRealDanno

Moen Shower Valve - Cartridge Removal Issue. Plastic Mounting Adapter in the way

PS - I should have mentioned the model number of the shower assembly. It’s Moen model L3189 (style C) which is the one that has the black plastic mounting adapter unlike styles A or B which have the usual setup of just the brass stop tube. I found a picture of the mounting adapter. Cheers!
  4. TheRealDanno

Amateur DIYer and first time poster here. Hi everyone! I was going to replace the cartridge on this Moen shower valve (Legend model) but after I removed the handle I discovered this unusual black plastic housing (mounting adapter) which I want to remove so I can get the cartridge out but I was...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks