Recent content by TheMarq

1. T

Drywall or greenboard above shower stall?

Just paint - and I will take your advice on using quality paint and primer. Thanks.
  2. T

Drywall or greenboard above shower stall?

I just finished installing a 4-piece fiberglass tub and shower surround. Should I use greenboard or regular drywall (or something else) on the walls above the shower?
  3. T

Which wax ring to use?

I'm mounting a floor mount, back outlet toilet and I'm conflicted by which type of wax ring to use. The manufacturer's instructions seem to call for a plain wax ring, but I read a post on the forum saying that a plain wax ring could sag over time in a back outlet install. The big box store...
  4. T

Please review my basement plan

I'm looking at the Crane Flormont 3931, back outlet, floor mount toilet.
  5. T

Please review my basement plan

Here is my plan for adding a toilet and lav to my basement. Any comments would be much appreciated.
  6. T

Basement toilet help

Thanks for all the responses. I've learned a lot already. I'm considering two options at this point. Option 1 would be to wait until late spring until things dry out and add a wye closer to the footing. From there I'll need to connect to a vent with a 2nd, 2" wye, and then to my toilet...
  7. T

Basement toilet help

Thanks, I hadn't thought about using the inspector as a resource for instruction. The pipe that runs horizontal and exits to the outside I'm fairly sure is 6". I recall the plumber remarking that I was lucky to have that. It is barely visible in the 2nd picture because it is almost entirely...
  8. T

Basement toilet help

Thanks for the response. Do you mean take more concrete out towards the foundation wall, and put a 6" wye in underneath that? It'll be hard to get under there because I have a drain system inside (1st picture) that runs along the wall. I was told that I didn't need any additional venting...
  9. T

Basement toilet help

Hi. New to the forums and to plumbing. Willing to learn. I recently had my septic tank removed and got connected to the public sewer. Waste goes underneath my footing to a 6" pipe that runs to the street. When the plumber connected my old system to the 6" pipe coming under the footing into...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks