Recent content by TheGewp

1. TheGewp

Toto Push plates

Delete please
  2. TheGewp

Curve PEX around niche?

I was actually looking at one of these, as I replumbed with PEX-A a few years ago. I don't mind sweating in an adapter to the one you suggest though if it will fit better and be more stable.
  3. TheGewp

Curve PEX around niche?

Yup! That bathroom is next, gotta keep it functional until this one is finished though.
  4. TheGewp

Curve PEX around niche?

Thanks! Yeah planning to add a 2x4 and a drop ear for the shower arm. I would likely come straight across the top too and eliminate a bend.
  5. TheGewp

Curve PEX around niche?

Are there any drawbacks to running a pex line from the mixer to the shower head like the picture below? What size pex should I use, 1/2 or 3/4? I am redoing the shower on this side of the wall and want to put a niche in where the current shower line runs. Thanks!
  6. TheGewp

Failing trap primer?

Thanks for the replies. In the install doc the P2-500 is recommended to be installed with a debris lop and a union. It has neither. My guess is we have a clogged valve or primer. When you adjust the primer it gurgles a little but no flow, same unit downstairs opens up like a valve when...
  7. TheGewp

Failing trap primer?

The floor drain that it services seems to be at the correct level every time i check it, so i think it is actually functioning correctly. Its just loud and obnoxious. And i cant but think that the noise might be a sign that something is wrong with it and failure is immanent.
  8. TheGewp

Failing trap primer?

Pretty sure there is a check valve between our building and the city. I know we are required to have an expansion tank. I would think the shut off would not affect static pressure? I'll check out the manual for the unit and see about adjusting things. Thanks!
  9. TheGewp

Failing trap primer?

OK, i'll see if i can correlate the noise to other water use. I know it did it twice around when i took the picture, and i was the only one in the building. I wasn't using water, so i'm not sure what would have triggered it. The valve is in the wall between 2 urinals in the men's room. The...
  10. TheGewp

Failing trap primer?

Hi, i was wondering if anyone has ever heard a trap primer like the one pictured make a loud squawking noise. It sounds like some one is blowing on a kazoo. The noise is short, only lasts a second or so. The office has started calling it the phantom duck. Anyway, its the only thing in the...
  11. TheGewp

Is PEX-A tubing easily straightened?

I found that it was easier to work with if i kept it in the house rather than the cold garage.
  12. TheGewp

Need to replace cracked toilet stack

Sounds good, thanks! One more quick question, is there any functional difference between these 2? It would be nice to have one this week so i can replace everything this weekend.
  13. TheGewp

Yeah, its a crawl space. So i don't think i'll have enough clearance for the configuration in #11, would this work instead? And does the angle of the combos matter? Or can i set them on their backs at a 45 towards the toilets? Thanks!
  14. TheGewp

At the ground meaning the one outside the foundation about 20' down the way? Is there any reason not to tie the lav into the end like it is now then? Or does that then make it a wet vent for toilet #2? Would this work?
  15. TheGewp

So something like this? Both Toilet connections need to be horizontal? or, less than 45 i assume? Would a clean-out at the end (so a combo instead of a 90) be a good idea?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks