Recent content by TheBigYahi

1. TheBigYahi

Scala2 thump on start, runs erratically.

The fix for mine was buying a DAB e.Sybox Mini. Went through 2 replacement SCALA2’s and they all did it. The DAB pump is really slick in my opinion with great support so far.
  2. TheBigYahi

Navien Internal Circulation Pump Pipe Noise

Update: I installed sound isolating pipe hangers and no improvement. Support is sending me a new pump to try.
  3. TheBigYahi

To answer your question...it's entirely internal! There is no dedicated recirc line nor am I using a NaviCirc. The INT/EXT valve is set to INT and dip switches 1 and 2 are ON (Internal, Intelligent). Possibly I've got a bum pump, but the Level 2 rep asked for the GPM in test mode (4.4 GPM) and...
  4. TheBigYahi

I have an NPE-240A that was installed two weeks ago. I have it set for internal intelligent recirculation mode and I've experienced a significant amount of noise being transmitted through my cold water inlet pipe (3/4" copper), but only during recirculation, not normal operation. I can hear this...
  5. TheBigYahi

Navien question from new owner (Intelligent preheating with no external recirculation)

@SoCal Plumber I see you're recommending setting P17 ON without a thermal bypass valve installed. I also saw in another post that you say that P17 allows for heating at a lower rate. I can't find any of that in the documentation. Can you elaborate? I'm having a bit of a noise issue with internal...
  6. TheBigYahi

Navien 240A Revving Noise

I know this is a zombie thread, but did you ever get this resolved? I just had a NPE-240A installed and it's whisper quiet while running then after the taps are closed it revs so loud you can hear it two floors up for about 30 seconds. I'm thinking it's the internal circulation pump because I...
  7. TheBigYahi

Help Needed from Any Scala2 or VFD Experts

HOOS1990, I know this thread is years old, but did you ever solve your cycling problem? I had the dealer rep out who agreed mine wasn’t working properly but I’ve had a hard time with them getting back to me with a solution.
  8. TheBigYahi

Thanks for the advice, I've seen these around this site a bunch. Can you comment on how much noise that pump might make? How exactly does a Cycle Stop Valve work?
  9. TheBigYahi

Water Softener Causing Excess Pressure Drop?

I'm not sure the rating on the filter, I can't find a chart for that, but the softener should be rated at 8psi drop at 6 gpm if it was filled properly to 0.75 cu ft. Instead it was filled to 1 cu ft and I can't find any references to what that should do. Another thing I noted but forgot to...
  10. TheBigYahi

I don’t expect so because I’m doing all of my measurements on the cold side.
  11. TheBigYahi

Yep, it does. Sanity checked. The meter also counts up every second and it goes up 0.1 gallons per second when reporting 6 gpm.
  12. TheBigYahi

Our incoming water is clean so the filter is just for taste. They installed it as nonbackwashing downflow which I hesitated at but they claimed they put all of theirs in that configuration so I let them do it. It’s a well known local company so I trusted their judgement at the time. Here’s what...
  13. TheBigYahi

I’m not sure what kind of resin is in there. I don’t expect they would have put anything other than what they use most often based on what I’ve seen. I did adjust the flow rate to 6 gpm for each test per our water meter which has a flow rate readout. That said, it was probably +/- 0.3 gpm which...
  14. TheBigYahi

This thread started with the same problem I have, but seems to have gone off the rails to a very interesting technical discussion. Anyway, I just had a SCALA2 pump installed and it also thumps while it’s hunting for the right pump speed. Is there anyone out there that has this pump and it...
  15. TheBigYahi

Ok, we've got data! I installed pressure gauges this morning before tank 1, between tanks, and after the softener tank. I also have a gauge on a boiler drain just after the booster pump. I decided to use 6 gpm as a benchmark flow since that's the rated service flow per my softener manual...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks