Recent content by the pelon

1. the pelon

drain not level

when attaching a cast iron drain to a 2" ABS stub and using an ABS adapter, do the female threads on the drain have to botton out or can you use the threads as an adjustment for final drain height. I am using teflon paste on the threads. thanks, Pete
  2. the pelon

hot water pressure loss/new valve flushing

I am having a loss of pressure on the hot side of a couple of fixtures after installing a new shower valve. I would guess that there is some blockage. How do I solve this and why is it not in all the hot side fixtures. I removed the "screen" on the faucets and that solved teh cold side blockage...
  3. the pelon

drain not level

no backfilling or concrete, just a F****ing crooked drain!!!!
  4. the pelon

drain not level

I had a "professional" replace a 1 1/2" drain and change it to a 2" drain for a new shower. I have now noticed that the piece sticking out of the floor that my 2 piece cast iron drain connects to is crooked. When the drain is placed on the subfloor and connected to the ABS stub, it is 3/8" out...
  5. the pelon

flow question

so, go ahead with the 1/2" and run it. thanks, Pete
  6. the pelon

flow question

dont mean to beat a dead mule here fellas, but I am running multiple shower heads, (2) and dont want to put in time money and effort and have poor flow to both heads. would the advice be get 3/4" to the valve at "all costs" to ensure proper flow or would the existing 1/2" be sufficient to run...
  7. the pelon

flow question

so HJ, you are saying go ahead and use the 3/4" valve and just put in the adapters? Will I have enough flow for 2 shower heads using the 1/2 line that feeds the valve? so it sounds like a 3/4 valve in residential use is way overkill????
  8. the pelon

flow question

I appreciate your patience with me nhmaster. The main feed from the street into the house is 3/4". I can tap into 3/4" with significant more tear out, to make sure that I get proper flow, volume and pressure to my 2 shower heads.The 3/4" splits to 1/2" approx. 5' from where my shower valve is...
  9. the pelon

flow question

Upsizing the valve or pipe at the valve body will make no difference to the flow rate at that point. Iam confused.... why wouldn't increasing the line from 1/2" to 3/4 increase flow? and wouldn't a 3/4 valve increase flow as opposed to a 1/2 valve?
  10. the pelon

flow question

is running a 3/4 valve in an area that only 1/2" will support just a waste of money but still will work or is the 3/4 not functional?? Knd of like putting premium gas in a ford pinto, the car will run fine but you could get by with just putting in regular. Nice analogy eh, anyone out there still...
  11. the pelon

flow question

do you need the pressure and flow rate of my incoming house water or of the valve it self? It is not possibe to use a 3/4 by 1/2 " adapter and stay with the same valve? Thanks, Pete
  12. the pelon

flow question

uh..... ok, anyone else?
  13. the pelon

Best "roto Zip"

thank you gents!
  14. the pelon

flow question

I am installing new walk in shower converted from a tub/shower combo. I purchased a Grohe 3/4" Thermo valve. After completing the tear out today, I am having a hard time finding the 3/4" trunk lines to feed the new valve. I have a 2 story house so they may have switched to 1/2" between floors...
  15. the pelon

Best "roto Zip"

What is the best "roto zip" type tool to buy. I know there are several different companies that now make them. What is the best overall tool to buy. Thanks, Pete
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks