Recent content by TGreenway

1. TGreenway

Anyone familiar with Weathermatic valves?

Last post was May, 2007...it's now Sept 2008, and I haven't had a single failure since my installer replaced the WM valves with Hunter valves....I guess if the valves continue to work as long as this thread, then I'll be happy.
  2. TGreenway

Hose bib stubbed to PEX question...

I'm assuming that you're suggesting to sweat the hose bib off from the outside, and I don't think there is enough "slack" for me to pull the bib out from the bricks to get to the joint. The way the PEX comes in I don't have a way to undo a clip, etc., to create any slack....although that's...
  3. TGreenway

Hose bib stubbed to PEX question...

First, I consider myself a decent "DIY", but not really crazy about plumbing. My hose bib broke where you screw the hose on, (to tight maybe?), and I need to replace it. Very easy access under my house, and what I found was that the hose bib is stubbed with about 8" copper, and then...
  4. TGreenway

Just an update....been running with the "Hunter" valves for two months and not a single failure....I'm not sure what the problem was, but replacing the Weathermatic with Hunter seems to have fixed it.
  5. TGreenway

update.... My installer showed up a couple of weeks ago and replaced all of the Weathermatic valves with Hunter valves. I had time to cycle it 2 or 3 times and it worked great. I guess the real test will be next summer. I had sent him a "to the point" letter and attached a print of the...
  6. TGreenway

First off, (the good news), is that I really appreciate your reply. Next, (the bad news), is that I'm not technically capable of doing the fix. More bad news is that my installer, has stopped returning my calls and/or gone out of business. I do plan on contacting Weathermatic for some...
  7. TGreenway

First, I new to the forum, but the way I found it was via a "google of "weathermatic irrigation valve problem".....so I'm having the same problem as you experienced. I have 9 zones with a Hunter Pro C installed in March 2005, and have had nothing but issues with the valves. Not too bad the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks