Recent content by tfasbind

1. tfasbind

Need help sizing my ph neutralizer

There has always been a prefilter on the system and it does get dirty. I haven't noticed sand, it just gets kind of gucky. Also, I have a drip irrigation system, and now that the landscaping water comes through the ph treated line I think the prefilter will help keep the emitters from cloging...
  2. tfasbind

So this is what I've come up with. Does this look like it should work? The ph filter will be fed by the well @ 5gpm instead of by the storage tank @ 14 gpm. When I add calcite to the ph filter, i can close the shut -off valves from the well and to the storage tank and open the line at the...
  3. tfasbind

Another question..............since the well pump is currently controlled by floats in the holding tank.............how would I activate the well pump when adding calcite to the ph filter to drain clear?
  4. tfasbind

I'm liking the idea of putting the ph filter before the holding tank more and more. If I do that........is there a way of ph treating the existing 1500 gal. in the tank..or woulld you not worry about it?
  5. tfasbind

Are you saying use the current up-flow ph neutralizer in the following configuration.............well > sedement filter > up-flow ph neutralizer > holding tank > pressure tank > sedement filter > house and cottage ? That does make sence since I have a farely low producing well ( somewhere @...
  6. tfasbind

The 1500 gal holding tank is between the well and the ph neutralizer.The current configuation is............. Well > holding tank > pressure tank > sedement filter > up-flow ph neutralizer > sedement filter > house & cottage.
  7. tfasbind

I currently am using an upflow system and everytime we use the bathtub in the master bath it spikes the internal filter and drops flow to a trickle. Also calcite is getting through and clogging a sediment filter which was put there to stop calcite from getting into the plumbing.
  8. tfasbind

My ph tank serves the main house 2 1/2 bath 4 people and cottage 1 bath 1 person. It has 1 " pvc plumbing. A 1500 gal. holding tank has juist been added. I have measured the flow rate at a faucet by the pressure tank to be 14.35 gpm (5.5 gals/23sec x60). The well water was just tested ph 6.5...
  9. tfasbind

problem with ph neutralizer

I checked out the 9000 online and the valve that I installed does look a lot like the 2nd tank adapter. If I get a chance tomorrow I'll disconnect the tank from the bypass valve and see if I can look in the holes.
  10. tfasbind

I bought it from a local water treatment supplier. Basically, it's a cast aluminun valve with an integrated filter. The filter is cone shaped with a hole at the bottom which alows the distributer tube to be installed. The whole assembly is attached to a 3/4" Fleck bypass valve. I will post...
  11. tfasbind

Can you think of any way to check that without taking the head off? I'm afraid if I take the head off it will pull the distributor lower filter out of the gravel bed and I don't want to remove all of the media and refill if I don't have to.
  12. tfasbind

I did just clean the tank and refill with gravel and calcite when I changed the head to one with a filter. The current media level is @ 18" from the top of the tank ( which should be well within the proper range of a 10 x 54 tank ). That level is down over an inch in @ a week.
  13. tfasbind

I've been having a problem with (what appears to be) calcite particles appearing in my toilet tanks and bathtub. I have an upflow ph neutralizer system. First I installed a reusable sediment filter on the house side of the ph neutralizer, but it clogs up too frequently. I talked with a local...
  14. tfasbind

Thanks for the response. I will consider the Fleck 5600. Another question... I currently have a 2 3/4 x 20 20 micron sediment filter before the media tank. I was advised to go to a 4 1/2 x 20 75/25 filter ( which I purchased but have not yet installed ). Does this sound like good advise or...
  15. tfasbind

I've been having a problem with (what appears to be) calcite particles appearing in my toilet tanks and bathtub. I have an upflow ph neutralizer system. First I installed a reusable sediment filter on the house side of the ph neutralizer, but it clogs up too frequently. I talked with a local...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks