Recent content by tezakhiago

1. tezakhiago

Hot Water Heater intake vent collecting frost - plumber says it's normal...

Thanks for your help guys, I am trying to get my builder to make the switch for me but I will do it myself if they won't. I won't know if it worked for a year though... One more question, can anyone with industry experience tell me why it is common practice to install furnace venting as shown...
  2. tezakhiago

Ok so I've had a chance to review the manual, and I believe the installation is at least to code and to the manufacturers minimum guidelines. The manufacturer says "Clearance to non-mechanical air supply inlet to building or the combustion air inlet to any other appliance must be 12 inches"...
  3. tezakhiago

Does anyone know what the guidelines are for exterior ventallation of a gas hot water heater? I beleive that the exhaust is being recycled into the intake, and since that exhaust is probably full of water vapour, it is condensing and freezing as it is pulled into the frozen intake pipe. It is...
  4. tezakhiago

Ok, that helps a lot. I'm at work and don't have the model info right now but that's a good suggestion, then I can find a manual for it. I wonder if my builder will pay for a plumber's second opinion... The only thing that we can come up with that has changed is that when we first bought the...
  5. tezakhiago

Hi there, I just bought a new house in Calgary AB almost one year ago. It is fitted with a high-efficiency gas hot water heater, that has both an intake and exhaust vent to the outside, located about 8 inches apart on the exterior wall. Both pipes are simple ~2.5" PVC piping that end in a 90...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks