Recent content by TexasUltra

1. TexasUltra

Price Phister AVANTE, removing mixing valve cartridge

mission accomplished, the only glitch was the (LASCO) stem was hollow, a little smaller than a 5/16 bolt. I ran a 5/16 tap in it and gave the t-handle a tug and bam! old cartridge out. Replaced with PHISTER from MORRISON SUPPLY this time. This is probably one of those get what you pay for...
  2. TexasUltra

OK, it's me again. Same faucet, only this time the stem broke off and remained in the knob. Any advice on removing the cartridge remaining in the valve body without the stem? How do I find a quality replacement cartridge? Are the two slotted screws on either side of the valve body for...
  3. TexasUltra

Less than two years later the valve is leaking again. It's not dripping in the off position, instead it is leaking water from the handle stem and blowing it back towards the wall when it is on. Will a new cartridge solve this or is the valve body shot? House is almost 30 years old. I...
  4. TexasUltra

Yep, got it. Used a small pick, and it came out in two pieces. Thanks.
  5. TexasUltra

OK, I need the duct tape!:eek: Great tip on putting the screw back in before pulling. I added a little rigidity to the pipe by placing my knee on the diverter spout before pulling. BINGO! Wait a minute...O c*@#...part of its still in there. Picture shows old (white) and new with piece...
  6. TexasUltra

I used the knob (screwed back on) and pulled 'till I thought the copper would break. Wouldn't that be the same as vise grips? Yes the waters off, but thanks for checking. I've been known to do some bone headed things in my life.:eek: Is this a PP AVANTE?
  7. TexasUltra

I have what I was told by the guy at the hardware store is a Price Phister (AVANTE) valve. I tried to remove the old cartridge with no luck. :confused: Is there a retainer clip or screw from the back holding the cartridge in place? Is it just mineral build up? Any ideas for mineral removal...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks