Recent content by teqp

1. teqp

Shower head leaks when other shower is in use.

The shower head in the master bath (2nd floor) will drip some water when the second bathroom shower is on. Also, I had turned off the main water line since we went away for the long weekend. I came back home and saw that water had dripped over the weekend from the master bath. From searching...
  2. teqp

Sewer smell in second floor shower only while other 2nd shower on 2nd floor is in use.

I didn't do this yet. What is did do, was run the second bathroom shower for about 8 minutes and there was no smell in the master. This was on the same day when I smelled the sewer smell. Then today again no smell. So I have not added water down the aster shower drain since there is no...
  3. teqp

Sewer smell in second floor shower only while other 2nd shower on 2nd floor is in use.

So this just started to happen within the last 2 weeks. When the second shower is being used (on the second floor) the shower stall in the master (also on second floor) starts to emit a sewer smell from the drain and some small amount of water drips out of the shower head. This had never...
  4. teqp

Slab Leak or not

Thanks, I'm certain that the valve is fully closed. I think since the water meter stays the same after haveing the small change on the meter is due to pressure equalizing. After a little more investigation, I believe it is the automatic shutoff valve or the check valve on the RO membrane.
  5. teqp

Slab Leak or not

After 3.5 hours it stayed the same. So I guess it was just equalizing? Thanks for the reply!
  6. teqp

Slab Leak or not

It is a ball valve. I have turned it as much as possible to close it. Is there something I should do/look for to ensure it is fully closed? Thanks
  7. teqp

Slab Leak or not

Ok, so I shut off all toilet water lines and there was about a 0.004 cu ft increase at the main water line. This is equates to 0.03 gallons/ 2.5 hours. Is this something that is normal or should I keep investigating? Thank you again for the replies.
  8. teqp

Slab Leak or not

No leak at the dispenser. The automatic shutoff valve was not hooked up wrong as it worked fine for 2.5 years. I assume the shutoff valve has gone bad, so order a new one. For less than $7 it is worth trying to see if this fixes this issue. I will be testing the toilets today to see if any...
  9. teqp

Slab Leak or not

Thanks all for the information, I appreciate it. So I believe I found the main culprit. It appears that my RO water under my sink keeps making noise as if asking for water even if the tank is full. There is no leak under the sink but it kept making noise. I shut off its water valve and after...
  10. teqp

Slab Leak or not

Thank you for the fast response. So if I turn off the water line on all toilets, it should not spin, correct? I was pretty sure I have a leak on the irrigation side and need to get that repaired. No new ice cubes as we don't have the refrigerator water line hooked up.
  11. teqp

Slab Leak or not

I have checked the water meter at the street for a leak. The water bill has gotten much higher in the last 2 billing cycles compared to last year. Here is my issue, I have 2 shutoff valves, one for the house water and one for the sprinkler system. When I have both valves on the red triangle...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks