Recent content by TeeJay

1. TeeJay

Sink Drainage to old Washing Machine Standpipe

Thanks! I appreciate you help.
  2. TeeJay

You guys are way over my head. I'm prepared to do as you suggested: run the sink to the standpipe without a trap, configured the way you described. Will it be OK? My main concern is that I'm not creating another problem by doing this. As long as everything drains properly, I'm happy. And, as...
  3. TeeJay

Thanks, I understand that. One last question: I take it there's no need to vent?
  4. TeeJay

Not sure how to apply that to a sink...the air gap. Thanks.
  5. TeeJay

Thanks for your post. I'm just taking shots in the dark here. I'm on a septic system. I don't detect an odor coming form the drain. Does that indicate a p trap? I also dumped water down the drain and then dropped a large nut on a string down the drain which indicated about an inch of water at...
  6. TeeJay

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm the original homeowner so I know there haven't been any changes since construction. It's an interior wall with a toilet on the other side of the wall. There is water at the bottom of the drain which means there IS a P Trap? Does that pretty much mean an end to my...
  7. TeeJay

I need some good advice. A few years ago I moved a washer and dryer to another location so I could use the small utility room off the kitchen as a walk-in pantry instead. This room still has a water supply and the drain that was for the washer. I'd like to add a utility sink to this pantry but...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks