Recent content by Tee Jay

1. Tee Jay

Moving bathtub drain

The front panel is magnetic, so it will be accessible. Wouldn't be a great job to have to get in there but it could be done. After thinking about it overnight, I think switching to a glued ABS drain kit would be better and then I can just use whatever 22s or 45s necessary to bring the overflow...
  2. Tee Jay

Moving bathtub drain

Well the tub finally arrived earlier this year and I wrapped up the other projects I started in the meantime so I am back to this bathroom install. Turns out the wall by the drain needs to be built out about 2.5" now that I have the actual tub on site. With that build out the tub shoe is too...
  3. Tee Jay

Double Vanity Reno - 'S' trap in wall

Thanks everyone. I had a look at the local stores, no one had a double fixture fitting that I could find, just a double sanitary tee. So with that being said, I think fixing the vent on the left hand side is still better than what I currently have. As mentioned by @wwhitney i will go with the...
  4. Tee Jay

I'll have to look and see if we have these around here. I don't recall seeing them at HD's or Lowe's but they might keep them in a different section away from the ABS. It certainly would make the final hookup easier.
  5. Tee Jay

I'm currently renovating a master bath and we are replacing a double vanity with the exact same setup. I took the drywall down to add some new electrical plugs and I came across this drain set up which although appears to have worked on the left, I don't think is up to code. I don't see an...
  6. Tee Jay

Moving Shower - Vent Issue?

I'm going to mock up option a as that seems to be the best for giving me the height. B doesn't work as I don't have the room for the combo on the horizontal unless it is on the other side of the joist. Just to confirm, this is what you were describing. This should give me the height that I...
  7. Tee Jay

Moving bathtub drain

Yes luckily the tub we went with is a 66x36 so it has a large deck for accommodating a deck mounted faucet on all sides and the space is 67" so I can build out that wall with the vents a bit. With adding a layer of 5/8 ply everywhere for the tile it gives just enough space to make it all work...
  8. Tee Jay

Moving bathtub drain

Inspection completed this morning, passed with no issues. Thanks again for all your help on this Wayne! There is just enough clearance with the tub around the 45 vent and the double 3" lines were cleaned up to the single.
  9. Tee Jay

Moving Shower - Vent Issue?

So the inspector came out today and didn't love my executed desired layout and I'm not sure the best way of fixing it. I am hoping someone has a suggestion that will work. The issue that I have is that the santee 90 combo that I put in puts the takeoff arm for the shower very low to where the...
  10. Tee Jay

Moving bathtub drain

I got stuck to one direction with this. I totally get what you are saying now. I was still running the trap arm back towards the wall, I get what you mean now with the trap configuration. This should work great! Thanks again!
  11. Tee Jay

Moving bathtub drain

I'm not getting on this how this saves me the san-tee LT90. I can certainly take the vent off the vertical wye. but the horizontal piece of the wye(the drain) would need to do a 180 to go back under the tub to the stack. Or am I missing something here?
  12. Tee Jay

Moving bathtub drain

I'm thinking I can make this one work. This is what I have drawn based on what you suggested. This seems so simple now, I can remove one of the 3" pipes, vent the toilet with the 3: stack connecting with a wye and then tie in a vented bathtub drain. It actually doesn't, I just don't know how...
  13. Tee Jay

Moving bathtub drain

Just wanted to make sure I understand what you are saying, I drew a crappy picture. This is what I think you were describing. I looked up in the Canadian code and I think this will be the problem on this method: 2.5.2.1. Wet Venting (See Note A-2.5.2.1.) 1) A soil-or-waste pipe is...
  14. Tee Jay

Moving bathtub drain

Hi Wayne, yes I used the street LT90. To get the slope on the 3" pipe back to the stack, I have about 7. 3/4" to work with from the bottom of the pipe to the floor about. The measurement from the bottom of the hub on the LT90 to the top of the santee was just shy of 9". I believe that I read...
  15. Tee Jay

Moving bathtub drain

I might have to check if I can downsize to the 2" as that would gain me some space. I'll check with the inspection office on that. I checked my code and certainly need the LT90 instead of the 1/4 turn. I picked one up but from the bottom of the pipe to the top of the santee take off for the tub...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks