Recent content by Tbbarch

1. Tbbarch

Scabs on Cast Iron Sewer Pipe

I would have thought it to be rust too except it is not on the bottom half of the pipe. Do you have an idea as to why it is corroding from the outside in as opposed to the inside out?
  2. Tbbarch

Scabs on Cast Iron Sewer Pipe

I have a leak at the bottom of an elevated cast iron pipe, in a crawl space. It is assumed to be a pin-hole leak from internal corrosion since there is no evident damage to the outside of the pipe. This is only the second time I have worked on a leak in cast iron. During preparations for cutting...
  3. Tbbarch

Water test of new DWV w/ toilet having integral cap

Wayne-toilet flushes down, then goes horizontal or to vertical discharge. Water flows down, air rises up. The toilet flange being sealed traps air that can not rise up into where the toilet will sit. I am really am going to avoid listening for an air leak.
  4. Tbbarch

I have never heard of a Jim cap. The air is trapped in the pipe up to the toilet and that is adjacent to and not the same as the sewer stack. I only know of standpipes in relation to fire suppression and this is residential sewer.
  5. Tbbarch

I am preparing to water test the new PVC sewer and vent lines for a new bathroom. The toilet has a knock-out flange built into it. Is the knock-out flange suitable for holding water during a water test? If so, when I fill the system won't there be an air pocket in the toilet arm of the line...
  6. Tbbarch

Porcelain tub refinish - POR-15, Whitecote

Report on application: WhiteCote renamed to "2k Urethane". I did exhaustive study into prep and conditions for application. Numerous calls to POR-15 for specifics and clarifications. FAIL: - Cannot put on fast enough to maintain a wet edge and thin enough that it does not run. - Dry edges pill...
  7. Tbbarch

What is the history on the vinegar wash of your water heater? Did you learn anything else? Did...

What is the history on the vinegar wash of your water heater? Did you learn anything else? Did it fail due to the tank leaking? How long did it last?
  8. Tbbarch

Wall mounted faucet rough-in?

The male threaded end is copper 1/2" NPT . Terry - You have gone a different direction. If I understand ... you are putting a female threaded elbow in the wall, like for a shower, and then installing a temporary galvanized nipple and cap. When the faucet is ready to be set you remove the...
  9. Tbbarch

Wall mounted faucet rough-in?

I am preparing the plumbing for a two pipe wall mounted faucet. The faucet is to be mounted onto male threaded pipe fittings. The male threaded pipe protrudes partially out of the backing frame (board/blocking). The pipes need to hold water under pressure until the wall is finished and the...
  10. Tbbarch

Is 97 volt AC a possiblity in a wire to nowhere?

Since the question is not about and outlet, will you explain how this is helpful?
  11. Tbbarch

Thank you gents. There seems to be some drift happening. The WHITE WIRE is the POWER WIRE. The BLACK WIRE is the power wire to the fan coil when the thermostat turns the switch ON. So the fan is a non-existent 120 v motor. I do not understand the confusion over the reference points. -White...
  12. Tbbarch

With a test light: White wire to Black wire = POWER White wire to ‘J’ box (ground) = POWER Black wire to ‘J’ box (groud) = ZERO
  13. Tbbarch

Did you see the picture? Yes the wires go to the thermostat and it is just a switch connecting the wires. The wires are not connected to the thermostat. There is not a motor on the other end. The wires are unconnected. The box is ground. You may be right about needing better reference points. I...
  14. Tbbarch

First - my appreciation for house wiring stops at correct new installations. I do not know what happens over time or when things get creative. I am replacing a line voltage thermostat that operates a fan in a fan coil. The cabling is #14 metal jacket to ground (BX). The cable may be running...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks