Recent content by taylor46952

1. taylor46952

Furnace quotes-BTU question

Thanks again for the help everyone. I received a message back from the guy who gave me the load calc. He used -5 as a design temp, which I think Central Indiana did hit maybe twice this winter... so It's rare. He also put in that we have very little attic insulation, even though we have...
  2. taylor46952

That's a good idea TedL, I will have to get that included... I actually need to see if the company offers a "comfort" guarantee. One of the other companies offered one, similar to your thinking. Since I'm combining the system with a heat pump the upfront cost becomes an issue with jumping...
  3. taylor46952

Yeah, you're right I didn't answer the input question... sorry. Current furnace is actually 125,000 BTU, so compared to the quoted 80 and 100 it's somewhere in the middle for output. It does o.k. with keeping the house warm. We run it a little cool just to keep the bills lower, and there is...
  4. taylor46952

currently have about a 15-20 year old single stage gas furnace... about 65% efficient. I could burn money in my fireplace and save on the gas bill at this point... so anything will be an improvement, I'm just trying to keep from overpaying for to large of a furnace, or finding myself chilly...
  5. taylor46952

Not sure what the design temp was, but I feel confident that the guy knew what he was doing. I'm in Central Indiana, so I doubt it was to low. We have pretty moderate winters. Rarely dipping below zero. All three quotes were for variable speed blowers. It sounds like from you guys that...
  6. taylor46952

I've received three quotes for a new furnace and heat pump system. My house (2100sq. ft.) has plenty of insulation for the region, new windows, new doors. two of the quotes include a 100,000 BTU (80%) furnace, and the third includes an 80,000 (80%) BTU furnace. The third is also the only one...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks