Recent content by tasfalen

1. tasfalen

Raising floor in mudroom 4 inches and putting in tile?

We have a mudroom off of our kitchen, on our main floor (above a full-height basement). I’ve stripped the old vinyl flooring off the floor in the mudroom, and would like to raise the floor 4 inches – to meet the hardwood floor in the kitchen – and probably tile. Is there a convenient way...
  2. tasfalen

Questions about ductless heat pump install in Western Canada

Thanks for the discussion. Jimbo, FYI heat pumps are extremely common here. We have a friend who's trained and licensed and has been installing them in the area for 20 years, unfortunately, he's TOO busy! It rarely goes below 5 degrees (we're like the San Diego of Canada) and when it does he...
  3. tasfalen

Questions about ductless heat pump install in Western Canada

New to this forum, first post, so please bear with me. Took some forum advice from here last year on toilets and it was fantastic! Background: we have an old (1939) home, technically 1-level but it has a fully finished full-height basement. It's our first home. We're using oil, and there...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks