Recent content by tarjan

1. tarjan

CST746, New Line of Toto Drake3 Toilets eg CST746CSM

question, on this unit the hose that normally directs water from the top of the water tower (probably wrong term) in the tank that goes to the overflow in most toilets seems to be overshooting it. So it is just acting as a tank fill and no water is going into the overflow. Is that correct...
  2. tarjan

Noritz fan seems to run alot

There is an overpressure relief valve on your TWH. The same design as the one on a water heater I believe. The thing with the lever.) That is not what I mean by thermal bypass. That is actually part of the PRV. If you look at the diagram, look at the cold water supply, the first thing...
  3. tarjan

Tired of Rheem Ecosense, need suggestions for new tankless

A few days or so ago I tried to reply but included a few links so it is in the process of being moderated. That being said, take a look at all of the top of the line units by any of the manufacturers. They all have between 9600 and 15kbtu minimums (including the 111 mentioned, the manual has...
  4. tarjan

Pressure reducing valve, regulator in other words. City water is at 100+psi, which you don't want/need in your house so you use this device to drop the pressure down. Normally located immediately after the main shutoff for your house. Thermal bypass is a mechanism in the prv to help deal with...
  5. tarjan

As part of one of my quotes I was told this exact situation occurs without an expansion tank, even if I have a thermal bypass as part of the prv. I didn't really believe him... but maybe? Terry here states that the tank is required. Do you have one?
  6. tarjan

Tired of Rheem Ecosense, need suggestions for new tankless

The rinnai rc98i shows .4gpm and 9600btu as minimum. http://www.rinnai.us/tankless-water-heater/rc98i-ka3237ffud-us/ click on specs The newest ecosense rheem shows .4gpm to start but can drop to .26gpm to continue. 11kbtu minimum draw...
  7. tarjan

is 1" id enough?

It was 75k btu and yes it could when set at 135-140deg winter, 125 summer. Colder than that and it could be an issue. A few high end 50g tanks were used during the construction of the homes but all were eventually replaced with 75g tanks when they were found to not work well enough for the...
  8. tarjan

is 1" id enough?

Gotcha. So it may be unlikely it will work without an upgrade and I definitely need a pro to help me out. Thanks for the help Jim! Hopefully I can have someone out Monday to help me decide on which direction to go, but at least now I have the information I need to make sure it is going to be...
  9. tarjan

is 1" id enough?

FYI: I actually did try to take care of the WH :) . Draining it once a year to clean out the sediment etc. A 75 gallon tank takes hours to drain. I did not replace the anode since it was listed as non-replaceable, but didn't figure out till later that is not quite true. The idea of...
  10. tarjan

is 1" id enough?

Drip... Drip... Drip. I hear it somewhere, but cannot figure out where. Not in the kitchen, not in the bathroom. Where? Dog? Nope, he is asleep. Shoot, I hear it coming from the utility room. Venture in and I find water in front of the furnace. "That's not good at all" I think. Then...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks