Recent content by tanya-n-todd

1. tanya-n-todd

thread size question

Awesome. You were right. Still under warranty from Moen. One is on the way. I told them about the ones I found available online. Through the Moen website every other part except the valve body was available. Thanks for the suggestion.
  2. tanya-n-todd

thread size question

Thanks guys. I'll see what I can do with a file. Alternatively, online, it looks like I can get a brand new rough-in valve (part 69300 I think) for roughly $35-50 (with a drain assembly I don't need). It is a 4" set- "mini-widespread" they call it. That's less than the cost than buying a die...
  3. tanya-n-todd

thread size question

Thanks Gary. So far we haven't been able to find a plumbing shop that will do this, but we'll keep trying. Does M24x1.25 sound like a standard faucet-sized thread?
  4. tanya-n-todd

thread size question

Hi guys, We bought a used Moen two handle lavatory faucet on Craigslist that looks to be high quality. Some of the threads were damaged- the threads where the brass nut attaches on one of the handles,... the nut that holds the cartridge in, under the handles themselves. We've been looking for...
  5. tanya-n-todd

Why would NIBCO/CPI Durapex PEX split (lengthwise) and leak?

I just saw this thread. We haven't had problems yet, but had a lot of galvanized pipes replaced with CPI DuraPEX in 2007 (both 1/2 inch and 3/4 inch). And now I'm worried. :confused: We plan in the next couple of months to work with a plumber and replace more galvanized pipes with PEX...
  6. tanya-n-todd

how to remove a very short nipple for tub spout

thanks for your help! We bought the nipple extractor, got the old one out, cleaned the elbow and put the new brass nipple in... The hardest part was getting the old nipple off of the nipple wrench. (We ended up tapping it with a screwdriver.) Success! but... the elbow was dry when we had it...
  7. tanya-n-todd

Ok, the hardware store has them after all. I just needed to find an employee who'd heard of them... Wish me luck, hopefully we can stop the drip!
  8. tanya-n-todd

Hello, I'm new here- We have determined there is a slow leak where the tub spout nipple attaches to the galvanized elbow behind the wall. That junction hopefully just needs new teflon tape and dope, etc, or a new nipple. So we'd like to get it out. Unfortunately it's a very short nipple, with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks