Recent content by Tankless Tech

1. Tankless Tech

Vacuum your water heater to avoid pilot light outages

Same issue with my grandparents heater. i re-ran their hot and cold lines from heater up to attic and over to kitchen after their original in-slab plumbing started to leak and when i got to connecting the heater and starting it i couldnt get it to light. looking through sight glass i deduced the...
  2. Tankless Tech

No or low water on start up

try taking the water inlet filter out and examining / cleaning it
  3. Tankless Tech

Also, Do you have a thermal expansion tank installed anywhere in your home?
  4. Tankless Tech

I am not familiar with your area. how hard is the water? more info is helpful. Would also like to know the process you use to descale. If you try pumping vinegar or any liquid through the unit itself and no other piping and it has a hard time getting through it sounds like your heat exchanger...
  5. Tankless Tech

Rheem tankless water heater, unusual behaviour

Error code 11 means the flame rod(s) do not detect any flame. Sounds like a gas issue. If you have already cleaned the burner, checked wiring resistance and replaced the flame rods you need to check the gas pressure using a manometer by unscrewing the screw on the gas inlet bottom right of...
  6. Tankless Tech

New custom home build, need feedback

Would love to see some pictures of the install.
  7. Tankless Tech

Rheem Tankless Water Heater Error Code 12

Like dana said you cant be sure it isnt gas issue until readings have been taken. if the gas supply was too low but still burning what could happen is the flame sensor(s) are coated with a layer of soot. when the gas burns at incorrect ratios it doesnt all burn at the rate it should and can in a...
  8. Tankless Tech

New custom home build, need feedback

2 years later.... whats the verdict?
  9. Tankless Tech

Paloma tankless takes several tries to fire up

its been a couple months since you posted and i am new to this site as of today so i missed your post. i am always interested in feedback coming from consumers in the tankless industry. updates appreciated.
  10. Tankless Tech

Paloma tankless takes several tries to fire up

Try testing the ignitor rod like a spark plug. hold 1/8" away from something metal while the heater attempts to fire. if it does not arc between flame rod and metal then the igniter or ignitor transformer is bad and like they said could just be as simple as cleaning off the flame rod or "flame...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks