Recent content by talsma

1. talsma

Ice Machine Drain (Small Commercial Hoshizaki)

Wasn't going to be concealed as I was going to use a washer outlet box. And maybe something like this for the airgap...
  2. talsma

Any issue with the standpipe being a wet vent because the laundry sink above it? Should the laundry sink be brought down to the same level with a sanitary cross? How about stanpipe height? Any requirements on that? This will be SHORT! Like 4-6"
  3. talsma

Hey guys, I purchased a small commercial ice machine (Hoshizaki KM-161BAJ) for my home (in FL). It holds 80 lbs of ice in the bin and makes up to 160lbs a day. This will be a nice addition as there is never any ice in our french-door refrigerator. Melt ice will constantly drip from machine...
  4. talsma

Fleck 5810 flow meter registering way too much flow

So I planned on putting the check valve right after the softener. Softener is placed very close to where the water enters the house. All water is plumbed to go thru the softener. It is my assumption that the output from the softener goes on to split in order to feed the hot water heater...
  5. talsma

Thanks Reach! Gauge after check would allow me to see thermal expansion when no hot OR cold water is being used right (not just hot)? I think that's where i'll put it. Appreciate the help!
  6. talsma

I think I have the same thing going on with my newly installed 5810 XTR2 on city water. Noticed the softener totalizer was reading much higher than the meter at the street (testing, resetting and testing again over several days). Sometimes over reporting by as much as 2-3X (100's of gallons)...
  7. talsma

Sulfur Smell - City Water

Here is what I was thinking. 1. Turn off supply at meter. 2. Open faucet in house to relieve pressure. Leave open. 3. Use a submersible pump (in a bucket of chlorine water) with an attached short garden hose hooked to a spigot very close to where the water enters the house. 4. Open spigot...
  8. talsma

Ha! Actually I think I am near the end of the line. Was the last house on my street until about a few weeks ago when a few houses past me were completed. Seems reasonable that is the issue.
  9. talsma

Yeah, I may go that route after I get my Bac-T results back... What do you think of my plan to introduce chlorine into the system?
  10. talsma

Actually, I've really only noticed it from the cold water supply. I smell it in our shower, but that is a mixed line.. Nothing really from the kitchen sink, but maybe that is because it gets so much use... I smell it at the bathroom sinks but I really only use cold at any of the faucets to wash...
  11. talsma

I used my Taylor pool chlorine drop test kit and came up with 0 for free and combined chlorine. Wonder if I need something with more precision to the low end of the scale? I don't have any filter housings currently so I can't add it that way, but that is a really neat idea about using an...
  12. talsma

Hey guys, I am on a municipal water supply in Pasco county Florida. We live in a home that was built less than a year ago and we've been having some issues with stinky water (smells like rotten eggs). We called in a warranty request with the builder and they sent out a plumber who...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks