Recent content by Takatsu

1. Takatsu

shower valve torque specs for 1/2" solder fittings

Hi! I had the same experience. After two different types of pipe dope (a generic hardware store and a brand-name) leaking after a few hours or days, I took out the valve with female fitting and bought a valve with male fittings so I could solder it in place. Maybe some people can get dope to...
  2. Takatsu

Copper pipe that wont solder.

Hi! I'm not a pro, but use sandpaper or emery cloth and polish around the end, well past where the fitting will be. The copper must be bright and shiny. Old pipes oxidize on the surface and turn dark- they won't take solder even with flux. Also be careful heating the pipe too long with a torch...
  3. Takatsu

Water hammer after pressure balance valve install

Water hammer after pressure balance valve install- fixed! Hi! I did an online chat with Peerless and their "Faucet Coach." While these people haven't been very helpful in the past- I suspect they are not plumbers or have even worked on or know much about their products, but they can read a...
  4. Takatsu

HJ, See attached image. The replacement was at the top two elbows on the left and right. Everything below that was original. I started considering what may be going on to produce the water hammer sound. There is a small check valve assembly in the shower valve. Both the hot and cold side...
  5. Takatsu

Jim, Thanks! I checked, and the shower valve doesn't require hammer arrestors- thanks for the advice. I only replaced the shower valve, a 4" run on one side, and a 6" run on the other (to elbows). Three faucets (shower valve itself, left and right lavatory faucets, both hot and cold) make a...
  6. Takatsu

Hi! I replaced a Peerless pressure balance shower valve body (female with threaded/pipe dope connections) with a a different Peerless pressure balance valve body (male with solder connections). Now when I open and shut the shower valve or either of the master bath sinks (both hot and cold...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks