Recent content by Tadst34

1. Tadst34

Can't get a good seal on a Rivers Edge Whitehall Lane toilet bowl

Ok, I'm gonna try JB weld - Waterweld. Heard good things. It's worth a try, although it isn't very professional!
  2. Tadst34

Thanks Terry for posting the picture and the reply. Do you think silicone will hold up better than wax? I hate to have three different types of toilets in the house. My other toilet is a Mansfield Barrett, which I like a lot but hard to find locally.
  3. Tadst34

Rivers Edge Whitehall Lane toilet So I found the problem. El cheapo is correct. There is a hole I am pointing to with my screwdriver. I contacted the company and the toilet is out of warranty. What do you all think if I plug that hole up with a big wad of wax? I am sure that will...
  4. Tadst34

Yes, I looked at the bottom of the toilet thoroughly. I have not seen any moisture on the underside of the bowl part. The flange is not cracked. There are however burs on the flange, but they are below where the wax would sit.
  5. Tadst34

Putting the paper between the bowl and the floor in the front as far back as I can push it. That one gets wet. Then two other pieces by the flange bolts in the back on both side. They don't appear wet. I am going to try the dye test tonight or tomorrow. Thanks again.
  6. Tadst34

This toilet I am working on now never rocked. The other two in the house do, but that will be a different day because this is the worst one. It was always solid to the floor and didn't move. Also, I was very careful to push the wax down evenly. Some places say rock it back and forth till...
  7. Tadst34

I was thinking if the distance is to small it would be hard to use an inside pipe cutter to attach a new closet flange. What would be a non-primitive trapway? It sucks because I have three of these toilets and don't want to spend $600-$700 for three new toilets.
  8. Tadst34

Yeah, I think it is a local company. A family friend sold them to me from his plumbing supply company. It seems that the distance from the flange to the elbow is very short. Is there a way to redo the flange without ripping up the floor?
  9. Tadst34

Yeah, I don't know what the heck is going on. I looked closer at my other rivers edge toilets and they rock, and one sits off of the floor in the back. It also shows sings of slight water damage on the baseboard. Seems the plumber may not have been consistent with setting the closet flanges...
  10. Tadst34

Is it okay to use food coloring as a dye test?
  11. Tadst34

It is a Whitehall lane elongated toilet. I will try to take a pic of it later. After each of my four attempts, I slide a piece of paper under the toilet flushed a few times and pulled it back out. It is all wet. I made sure the area was dry before set the toilet. There is no damage to...
  12. Tadst34

Hello all. I'm a DYI'er and new here. I am having a heck of time trying to get my toilet to seal at the flange. First issue, the closet flange sits about 1/2" below the finished floor. Second, the collar on the toilet has two grooves where the "p trap" is, recessing upward toward the tank...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks