Recent content by Tabby411

1. Tabby411

I know this may sound stupid, but WHERE do I put Plumber's Putty for new faucet?

I am not a professional but as already posted, it would depend on the brand and whether there is already some other form of gasket but I installed the same setup as yours and there were gaskets on the handle and the faucet so I needed to use plumber's putty only on the hose sprayer and the soap...
  2. Tabby411

Frost Free Hose Bib Nightmares

I just went to Home depot and checked out the Sharkbites. It is definitely not a Sharkbite at my house. They had adapters for cpvc to copper that would work at HD but none quite like the one used at my house. The ones at HD look like they would back out where there is an O ring because the...
  3. Tabby411

The caulk was put there last spring so it won't get any better. I may cut it away and get more into the wall. I have been discussing two bibs here. One that burst and they replaced and is solidly attached and flush with the brick in front plus is accesible AND the other one in the back that...
  4. Tabby411

It didn't cost me anything because it is a new house under the one year warranty. They put a lot of caulk between the flange and the concrete but I am not sure how far they got it in the foundation wall. The inside is finished so I cannot get to it without tearing out drywall. He showed me the...
  5. Tabby411

They came today and immediately saw it did not have the proper slope and the small one inch hairline crack was at the farthest end (nearest inside of house) of the bib. He also checked my other bib and said the slope on it was OK but that is the one that "spins". I asked him about it and he was...
  6. Tabby411

This is amazing to me. I haven't been to this site in over a year but I just did a search for "hose bib" and yours was one of the first I see. I just today had the same thing happen to me. Luckily most of the water stayed in an unfinished area and I could get most up in the bathroom with a...
  7. Tabby411

Saddle valve

It won't be finished. Luckily, it is in the laundry room and right above where the drain is but a leak would still be a bad thing if I wasn't around. If it is good after a few days then it should be good for a long time, I figure. The saddle valve was there for over twenty years with no leaks...
  8. Tabby411

Saddle valve

The saddle valve didn't leak, it just wouldn't close all the way so it was useless as a valve and I do not need the icemaker connection. The clamp seems so much more substantial that it doesn't seem like it should leak ever. I know the best would be a sweat job if done right but getting it dry...
  9. Tabby411

Saddle valve

The saddle valve for my icemaker would not shut off completely so I had to remove it. I do not need the connection so I used a 1/2" x 3" pipe repair clamp. The clamp seems to be as safe if not safer than the saddle valve as far as leaks. I am sure a professional would sweat on a new coupling or...
  10. Tabby411

shower base installation

If you have a good tile saw or a square base it is probably better to place the base on the subfloor(backerboard in your case) but if you don't have a saw or want to rent one and you have a round base then placing the base on top of the tile is easier provided you get the tile even and level. I...
  11. Tabby411

Pipe noise

I have read all I care to on water hammer. I guess I have a problem with air in the pipes but am not sure. I hear it whenever I turn on any water and it changes with amount of flow. It sounds like a loud version of the sound a jug makes when inverted which is what makes me believe it is air in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks