Recent content by symatic

1. S

Irrigation well question (low flow rate)

Well it turns out what they had was a pressure gauge. No one in this area seems to have a vacumm gauge except for the digital ones which are beyond my price range. So i ordered one off amazon. Technically a compound gauge(pressure/vacumm), so it comes in and its only a pressure gauge. So now it...
  2. S

DonL Thanks for the vacumm measurements. Porky I will be purchasing a vacumm gauge today (pool gauge). I understand the dewatering process. The question was more for edification reasons. Its obvious my logic is flawed :) John c.
  3. S

Thank you for all the details, the more info the better :) I will be wiring at 230 when I get home. The vaccum gauge. Does 1 inch equal a foot of depth? I think I grasp the concept of dewatering wells from wikipedia. If I removed the manifold and pumped one of the wells, Because they are so...
  4. S

I like that word "ideal". I guess I should slap that pressure meter back on there and try to get a reading. Thank you for all you input. John C.
  5. S

Ill fiddle with the pressure gauge when I get home. The output at the time of test was an 90 degree elbow to a ball valve and a straight pipe with no restrictions. That is how I was measuring the output. I closed the ball valve slowly to see if that would create more pressure and the gauge...
  6. S

The pressure gauge read zero, and I thought that would indicate an airleak. But it seems to have enough pressure to power the impact sprinklers i connected. I was thinking I did something wrong that would be wildly obvious. Sounds like I'm back to the drawing board. I'll try to test each...
  7. S

You are correct I am running them parallel. I used the term jetting to describe the method I used to put the casing down. I was hoping it wasn't a water capacity issue. Maybe sitting in some less porous sand. Possibly I could pull the pipe up a bit to determine that. This will be last case...
  8. S

Thanks for the reply. I thought the lift is from the static water level. I'm using a sprinkler pump because I plan on installing a system. It has instructions for well point installations and it is used in this area quite often. Reguarding jetting, I used a T and attatched two hoses to a 2"...
  9. S

First time well digger here located in Florida. Im in a world of sand :) I'll explain what I have done and what issues(if any) I am having. Pump: Flotec thermoplastic 1.5HP 1.5" inlet and outlet dual voltage set at 115V(running on 12guage extension cord for testing) Static water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks