Sylvan's Recent Activity

1. Sylvan replied to the thread Leaking Westinghouse 4500 watt elec. Water heater advice?.

Why fiddle with something under warranty?

May 13, 2021 at 7:46 AM
  2. Sylvan replied to the thread Leaking Westinghouse 4500 watt elec. Water heater advice?.

It is much better to call the installer or the manufacturer and not touch it as the last one to touch it (other than setting the...

May 13, 2021 at 7:44 AM
  3. Sylvan liked DIYorBust's post in the thread Are plumbers mighty residential tradespeople?.

60 cent an elbow vs 5 cents, a profit of 12x. Not bad, but I've got you beat. The ryobi drain augur cost only 75 dollars, and I've...

May 12, 2021 at 3:45 PM
  4. Sylvan liked Master Plumber Mark's post in the thread Are plumbers mighty residential tradespeople?.

Its always a treat when you find a deal on plumbing parts and fittings... The sears hardware stores went out of business here in town...

May 12, 2021 at 3:36 PM
  5. Sylvan liked Bannerman's post in the thread Tankless Water Heater Venting.

If your old WH was a tank type, depending on capacity, the old one may have had a 40,000 BTU burner whereas the Navien has a burner that...

May 12, 2021 at 9:22 AM
  6. Sylvan replied to the thread Are plumbers mighty residential tradespeople?.

A long time ago I was on LI and stopped by a home depot and they were selling 1/2" copper ells for 5 cents each A loss leader no...

May 12, 2021 at 9:17 AM
  7. Sylvan liked Terry's post in the thread Dropped some cut PVC into basement floor drain.

That's what I would try too. With the vac, you can improve suction by closing off the area around the hose so that it's pulling as well...

May 12, 2021 at 8:56 AM
  8. Sylvan replied to the thread Something died in our stack vent pipe?.

By the way, you may want to tell your "plumber" to look up the word escutcheons as it is in most civilized codes to prevent...

May 12, 2021 at 8:56 AM
  9. Sylvan liked JRC3's post in the thread Something died in our stack vent pipe?.

Looks like that plumber made a trip to AutoZone for his parts.:p And then add a trap to it??? Get a longer piece of hose and loop a...

May 12, 2021 at 8:53 AM
  10. Sylvan liked Smooky's post in the thread Something died in our stack vent pipe?.

Normally there are bad odors inside of the vent pipes but you should not be smelling the odor in the living space. I think you have a...

May 12, 2021 at 8:47 AM
  11. Sylvan replied to the thread Dropped some cut PVC into basement floor drain.

Most powerful WET Dry you can find

May 11, 2021 at 2:11 PM
  12. Sylvan liked Matt Meier's post in the thread Are plumbers mighty residential tradespeople?.

You are invaluable. I love doing my own work and I like to fix stuff, but sometimes there's no substitute for a pro. I've never been...

May 11, 2021 at 2:10 PM
  13. Sylvan liked Terry's post in the thread Install bathroom above existing bathroom.

[IMG] [IMG]

May 11, 2021 at 10:10 AM
  14. Sylvan replied to the thread Are plumbers mighty residential tradespeople?.

I once wrote an article about pricing and how I decided to increase mine We did a brand new office building 600 thirrd ave in...

May 11, 2021 at 7:56 AM
  15. Sylvan replied to the thread Are plumbers mighty residential tradespeople?.

Terry When people used to say to me "$150 for 15 minutes of work" I would explain there is no such thing as 15 minutes. Even if...

May 11, 2021 at 7:20 AM