Recent content by sxotty

1. S

brass to cast iron threaded connection leaks

kingsotall thank you for you help and especially about not worrying too much about over tightening. It is just a 12 inch wrench, but the pipe started to make a squealing sound as I turned it near the end and I thought that might indicate it was getting too tight. I will pick up some pipe...
  2. S

brass to cast iron threaded connection leaks

I have a drop ear elbow in brass such as the one shown here (it is brass). I was testing for leaks and all the sweated joints are fine, and all the pex joints are fine, but the threaded connections are leaking. I have chromed iron pipes that are going to stick thru the drywall and connect to...
  3. S

Flexible hose to rough in valve in tub

I have a quick question. I got a roman tub faucet pretty inexpensively and it has the rough in valve with solder connections. I have PEX supply lines and a drop ear elbow thing so I can connect it solidly. Can/should I solder on threaded connections and then just use the flexible supply...
  4. S

Shower drain install from above

I searched the forum and found some threads leading me here as far as how one installs the shower drain. http://www.oatey.com/apps/catalog/instance_assets/assets/How_to_Use/solvent_weld_drains.jpg I have two questions. 1) Is the locking nut supposed to sit above the plywood floor. (I at...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks