Recent content by SuperSewist

1. SuperSewist

Please critique my bath & laundry DWV layout

I was quite pleased with my progress today until I got to the end of the line. No Joy, the trap arm for the laundry tray is 30" off the ground. I can't imagine any tray is ever gonna fit there. Tried rotating the wye, but then could not figure out the vent. Would sure appreciate some...
  2. SuperSewist

Yes, thanks, I can visualize that and will go re-draw. For the bath main that only need be 3" - *could it be 4"? I've already got the stick of 4 and only need about 1/2 of it for the vertical, and will need most of the 3 for the laundry drain.
  3. SuperSewist

Had an epiphany overnight. Now the laundry sink, the washer stand, and the tub all have trap arms into a vertical san-tee that has up-vent and down-waste to horizontal wye8th. Can I (should I) put an upside down 2" san-tee on top of the 4" stack to add venting to the stack, with the laundry...
  4. SuperSewist

Renters toilet

First thought: LimeAway or CLR under the rim with a copper scouring pad, a mirror and a dental pick. Tenants forget they have to clean the toilet once in a while, and get under the rim too, to clean the ports like HJ said. Especially here- we have such hard water it is a common problem. The...
  5. SuperSewist

307x395 pixels, 40kb. Still get error.
  6. SuperSewist

no good, sorry. popup says "the following error occurred: There was a problem." LOL but not so much. It's 117kb .jpg - is there a size limit?
  7. SuperSewist

Bath & Laundry Remodel #3, and my first on two floors. Both prior jobs a resounding success thanks to advice and guidance found here. I should get pix of the tile job up - - but I digress. #3. The bathroom is gutted, open, and ready for rebuild. Please see attached pic for reference. I...
  8. SuperSewist

Need assistance with baxi luna operation

Farrukh, I no longer own a BAXI machine so no I will not contact you privately. Year 1, great. Years 2-8, a $500 repair EVERY winter, going w/o both heat and hot water while waiting for parts from Canada. Year 8 I found a path to a sales manager at BAXI to make a Lemon-Law warranty claim, who...
  9. SuperSewist

FV75 fill pro Delta toilet fill valve operation

That is sad to hear. These have been my favorite fillers for years and problem-free. Actually it is the Delta brand, I've only heard the two names used interchangeably. The packaging does say anti-siphon, but maybe that is different than siphon breaker. Anyhow, thanks for the advice much as...
  10. SuperSewist

FV75 fill pro Delta toilet fill valve operation

Good Morning Oh Venerable Dispensers of Plumbing Advice. a search on the forums yielded no match to <FV75> or <fill valve diaphragm>. My FV75 fill valve is not operating the way I think it should. I have installed many of these, they are the flat ones with a diaphragm. This one was purchased...
  11. SuperSewist

All fixed THANK YOU Response from win-air was to call marathon intl which had already proved a dead end for me. Replaced expansion tank, thanks. So then I called every plumber within 50 miles, not a one of them had even heard of Baxi (?!) but I did find one who was willing to give it a go...
  12. SuperSewist

The company I bought my -- BAXI LUNA 301fi -- from in 2004, whom I believed was a reliable dealer, no longer sells or services this brand :( , and neither myself or (allegedly) my plumber (and installer of it) has been able to find tech support despite MUCH effort over the last six months. Not...
  13. SuperSewist

small waterproof doors?

I have a new crazy idea. Glass shower doors seal watertight, right? So if that method were used on a small door, say, like a cabinet door, that would be watertight also, right? Where I'm going with this is to build a cabinet/shelf that opens into the left (back) wall of an alcove tub...
  14. SuperSewist

Carol's Bath: from one popped tile to major makeover :D

wow. thanks, all! I don't have a 6' level, but I do have a straight 8' 2x4 I put on end, and put the 4' level on that. Doing it that way it is only about 1/2" down from door to wall. The first 3' from door is about level, the 2nd 3' is about 1/2" off, and the 3rd 3' is another 1/2 off. So...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks