Recent content by Supernal_Pipe

1. Supernal_Pipe

Fixture Unit Values - Pipe Sizing for remodel

Maybe i misunderstand what table E201.1 is trying to tell me?
  2. Supernal_Pipe

Flow gets restored when the diameter is reduced back to 3/4 of an inch before it hits fixtures. During it's time in the thicker pipe, water experience far less resistance to flow, their by allowing a 3/4 inch pipe to supply it's full amount of fixtures at a distance. So, start 3/4, transmit...
  3. Supernal_Pipe

I think I believe you... 2.54 psi of loss (3/4 inch pipe) compared to .31 psi ( 1 1/4 inch pipe) is a large difference.
  4. Supernal_Pipe

Start City supply @ 3/4" pipe, 20 feet to house ( Service Pipe ) increased diameter to feed Distribution pipe Inside house @ 1 1/4" pipe, 20 feet to water heater ( Distribution Pipe ) At water heater, 1 1/4" reduced to 3/4", 4 feet of pipe to feed water heater. + branch reduced to 3/4 inch...
  5. Supernal_Pipe

2009 IPC Table E201.1 - Fixture Unit Values I'm currently doing a remodel, and the owner is asking me to size up the lines to accommodate an additional bathroom, and kitchen. House currently has a 3/4 inch service pipe, and that same 3/4 inch size is currently extended as the Distribution...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks