Recent content by SuperDaddy

1. SuperDaddy

How do you cut clay pipe????

I just rented a snap cutter for $20/24hrs from my local tool rental house. It was the ratcheting type. Worked like a charm.
  2. SuperDaddy

Toilet drain pipe running sideways?

Ha. My toilet drain pipe goes "sideways" for over 20 feet before leaving the house.
  3. SuperDaddy

Trouble connecting flange to floor

Just follow the directions in this YouTube video. I did, and everything worked great when I anchored my closet flange recently. The bit he uses is the type I bought, and it was only $7. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzwpBI5ZS2U
  4. SuperDaddy

Shop vacuum cleaned my drain!

I moved a toilet from the old bathroom to new one yesterday, and forgot to drain it (dry flush) before disconnecting the old waste line below (transitioned to new 4" pvc, and ripped out the old cast iron). I had a full tank and trap. I got out the trusty shop vac and voila!!!! Empty...
  5. SuperDaddy

On the Canadian side of Niagra Falls...........

Are you sure it wasn't 3.5 liters?
  6. SuperDaddy

Tub spout trouble, can I make this work?

Oh c'mon, thats looks fine!!! Hahaha, just kiddin. Maybe a chrome sleeve over the copper with a fancy chrome flange covering the hole through the wall? Or, seeing that the spout isn't detrimental to the operation of a shower fixture (I see no diverter valve on the spout), maybe you could...
  7. SuperDaddy

Stupid noobie question about shower remodel

I cant believe there are no individual shut-off valves......... :eek::eek::eek::eek:
  8. SuperDaddy

* Please Critque my Plumbing Design

Can you point out where he has two traps on one fixture for me? I am trying to familiarize myself with plumbing and would appreciate a clarification. Thanks!
  9. SuperDaddy

New Plastic Tub problems

I hope the installers didn't use any type of mortar for a base. I just installed this identical tub and surround, and it has a thick styrofoam base (nearly the entire length of the tub), and the directions clearly state not to use any mortar or cement or thin-set for a base. The tub base is...
  10. SuperDaddy

Help disolve Silicone from Tub

Also, sometimes the real thin areas can just be rubbed off with your fingers. Start rolling your fingertip over top of the film and it should lift and peel up off of the tub.
  11. SuperDaddy

Bathroom exhaust fan question.

My first house had 14/2 romex hanging from the house gutter to the gutter of a detached garage 10 feet away (to feed power to the garage). Unbelievable. But, hey, I got a great deal on the house (no inspection, of course). I moved in and gutted the place anyway. I thought that would be...
  12. SuperDaddy

wye vs. sanitary-tee

I think I am losing my "sani-tee" (but I enjoy learning). Hats off to the pros out there......
  13. SuperDaddy

wye vs. sanitary-tee

Yes, this is it. I am just trying to tie together a 2 and 4 inch line (hard to understand without a picture or drawing...I should have included one). I wasn't sure if the tie-in of 2" into the 4" needed some kind of built-in sweep (like a san-tee or combo tee has) or if I could just shoot...
  14. SuperDaddy

wye vs. sanitary-tee

Just wanted to note that both of the drain sections I am referring to are horizontal. 2" horizontal tub drain going into a 4" horizontal waste line. I'd like to tie the 2" line into the 4" line at a 45 degree angle (such as a wye fitting allows). Am I clarifying, or being redundant...
  15. SuperDaddy

wye vs. sanitary-tee

Can a 4x4x2 Wye fitting be used on a horizontal section of a 4" drain waste to tie-in a 2" tub drain? Or should a san-tee be used? I'd like to be able to come into the 4" waste line at a 45 degree angle, as opposed to 90, but I thought I read somewhere on here that a wye could only be used...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks