Recent content by Super_19

1. Super_19

Toilet flapper leaking

My latest water bill came higher than usual. On average we use around 6-7k gallons of water per month; family of four. This past month it was 11k gallons used. Called the water company to see if it was an error on their part but they said it wasn’t, that’s what the meter showed so that’s what...
  2. Super_19

Refrigerator Water/Ice Maker Filter Help

Thanks for the feedback. Don’t mean to sound dumb but when you say flush the line before installing the new filter, you mean just turn on the water valve with the other end that connects to the fridge removed and let some water come out? Then install the filter and let a gallon of water come out...
  3. Super_19

Refrigerator Water/Ice Maker Filter Help

Not sure if this is the right section to post this so if it’s wrong, I apologize. Been renting a house for 4 yrs now. When we first moved in I tested the water dispenser but no water came out so I just figured it didn’t work. Didn’t think to check anything or gave it much thought. Since then...
  4. Super_19

Water on the floor, no apparent leak source

So the weirdest thing hits happened. May daughter finishes taking a bath/shower and when she was done there was a good amount of water on the bathroom floor. First thing I thought was she spilled water from the tub onto the floor but she swears she didn’t as the shower curtain was closed. I...
  5. Super_19

Kids Bathroom Toilet No Water After Flushing

There's a chain that goes on the bottom of the stop valve.
  6. Super_19

Thanks for the explanation
  7. Super_19

Hello All. Got a problem with my kids' bathroom toilet. After they flush, no water fills up the tank. I have to remove the lid and sorta tug on the chain that goes to the float to release the float. Then the float drops and water begins to fill the tank. There's two chains, one going to the...
  8. Super_19

No Central AC/Heat

Tech came out and replaced the air handler capacitor and that fixed the problem. Took him no more than 10 minutes.
  9. Super_19

No Central AC/Heat

Thanks for the replies. I'm not very savvy when it comes to HVAC systems but figured it was something electrical/motor related too. The tech is scheduled to come out later today to check and hopefully fix. I wanted to have an idea of what the problem could be so I am able to relate when talking...
  10. Super_19

No Central AC/Heat

Hello all. My Central AC/Heat stopped working. We went to church yesterday morning and when we returned the unit was off. I checked the thermostat and it was set to Auto/Cool. I tried setting it to On so the fan would run but nothing. All I could hear is like a humming/buzzing sound coming from...
  11. Super_19

Installing Programmable Thermostat

Been living in the property now for almost a year and a half. When the property manager did the inspection of the house before renewing our lease, she commented on how great we are keeping it and had no negative comments. I had replaced the kitchen faucet for a nicer one that my wife wanted...
  12. Super_19

Thanks again for the reply. After comparing prices and features, decided to go with the Honeywell T5 RTH8560D. Home Depot has it for $89.99. Looks like it's compatible with my current system/wiring. WiFi is not a must so I can do without it. Being programmable is the main feature I'm looking for...
  13. Super_19

Thank you for the replies. I took a few pictures of the current thermostat. I guess I would just wire it up the exact same way on the new programmable one? I was looking at the Nest E. It’s got some nice features and looks very simple to install/wire.
  14. Super_19

I am currently renting a house. It is about 1,500 sq ft and two floors. It currently has a regular non-programmable thermostat. I would like to install a programmable one but I am not sure if the current setup in the house will support one. Or am I wrong in thinking that programmable thermostats...
  15. Super_19

Drain Pan Filling Up

HVAC technician came out on Tuesday. First he tried vacuuming out whatever was blocking the pipe that runs from unit to the side of the house. That pipe was covered up with some nasty stuff. The vacuuming didn't work so he then hooked up a line from a tank , I think Nitrogen, to an opening on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks