Recent content by Sulconst2

1. Sulconst2

Drywall finishing on steel studs

mark, good tip on the punch. won't forget that!
  2. Sulconst2

i do maybe 1/2 of my basements with metal studs. they are light, straight and dont wick water. i guess its just something different. the price has really gone up. the thicker guage are more expensive than lumber! i remember when metal was 1/2 the price of wood. but then you need the greenlee...
  3. Sulconst2

i use regular nail on boxes but swap out the nails for fine threaded screws. that way no bump out on the rock. nothing worse than spackling around a bunch of boxes with damaged rock.
  4. Sulconst2

Tiling a greenboard ceiling in steam room

hello all, one thing about the ceiling in a steam shower is it should be pitched or the condensation from the steam will drip like rain. uncomfortable in a relaxing setting. i like using hardi-board instead of wonderboard. same properties but easier to work with. the kerdi i believe makes a...
  5. Sulconst2

tiled roman tub mess

my mistake!
  6. Sulconst2

tiled roman tub mess

chances of dropping another tub into the same cut-out with the same depth are pretty slim. unless you get the same tub. being its 25 years old doesnt sound like an option. also you say its been leaking for a while? when you pull that tub it won't be pretty underneath. if the tubs worth saving...
  7. Sulconst2

Shower valve with separate diverter valve question

why not keep the transfer valve at 1/2" http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?item=274602&section=&category=&subcategory= its a 3 way but can be used as 2
  8. Sulconst2

Thermostat Emergency!

sounds like electric baseboard. 110 or 220. get a tester and check the feed/s.
  9. Sulconst2

Venting a double vanity

if this is on the second floor why not run a vent from each sink into the attic and attach to vtr?
  10. Sulconst2

easy way to remove tape from trim & base boards

try a heat gun or a blow dryer
  11. Sulconst2

Cutting Pipe in Shower Base

maybe i'm missng something her. shouldn't he install the drain to the pan, slide the pan over the pipe, install the rubber bushing, then cut the pipe?
  12. Sulconst2

Shower Door track

maybe some heat and some fishing line?
  13. Sulconst2

Can I vent my exhaust fan into a joist bay?? No moisture...

here's a thought. how about doing a wall mount fan and dropping the exhaust down to the basement then out the back?
  14. Sulconst2

LASIK eye surgery

my wife had it done about 6 months ago. took about the same time as a dentist visit. first noticeable thing she realized was being able to see the clock when she first woke up. nice upgrade for such a short treatment. only thing is its considered elective so wasn't covered under insurance. and...
  15. Sulconst2

Drop-in Whirlpool Tub install

you should try to hold off on the trap till tub is installed. gives more wiggle room. if you dont have access then just plan correctly. git er done!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks