Recent content by sucker dave

1. sucker dave

Drive point well question

I'll do that thanks. I also have local well guy coming out to give me a cost on drilling me a 4" well so I can forget about these problems. Thanks to all for all the great help!!!!!
  2. sucker dave

Speed, I was running a 3/4 hp before and had pump surging problems. replacing it with a 3/4 hp again will cause the same problems, won't it? Besides, wouldn't the pump last longer running without surging. Can you P.M. me a price for the FP2-31 packer? Dave
  3. sucker dave

I think I've got my well fairly well developed. I no longer get fines in the water when it comes out of the casing so I'm thinking it's time to add the pump. I was unable to get a steady stream out of the well to calculate my max flow so I have a couple of questions. I was using a goulds 3/4 hp...
  4. sucker dave

I doubt I'll be able to bend 3/4 copper tight enough to fit in the 2" pipe. Mabey I'll try some 3/8-1/2 gas line i should be able to almost bend that back on it's self and zip it together. i think my compressor will now become the week link.
  5. sucker dave

update. I pondered how this air thing was going to work all day. On the way home I stopped at the local hardware store and bought a piece of 1/4 id plastic tubing and a threaded pressure fitting for plastic pipe. I attached the plastic pipe to the fitting and the fitting to a compressor fitting...
  6. sucker dave

Sounds like a great idea. However I don't have the equipment here to move the plunger. I'd have to do it by hand seems like a lot of work. I'm learning a ton by listening to all these ideas. I'm going to try Sam's air method first. Question, How big of a compressor do I need to lift the water 30'?
  7. sucker dave

what about using a bottom loading bailer.
  8. sucker dave

Your right, I was hoping to get lucky. Kinda the story of my well life. So now the picture pump is out of the picture, what’s the poor mans ( is should say stubborn) best way to develop this well. I’ve looked into some of the ideas mentioned earlier in the thread but most require special...
  9. sucker dave

Update for sunday. I drove down another 5'. I'm now down 35' + the 3' well point. I seem to have 11' of water at the bottom of the well. I'm going to stop tomorrow and buy a pitcher pump. If my measurements are correct my water starts at 27'. I might be able to use a picture pump to help remove...
  10. sucker dave

I stopped and bought another 5' section of pipe and a big bottle of advil for the sore shoulders. I'll let you know what happens. thanks for all the help!
  11. sucker dave

Sam, Technical is good, and that's a lot of good information. Let me see if I understand, it’s more about being in a good water bearing material than actually how much water is above the jet. I was looking at literally not as a overall measurement of water quality. Being the...
  12. sucker dave

Unfortunately when I sunk this well, that was the only screen that ******* carried so 80 gauze it was. I have another question. If I have my packer and jet down to the top of the well screen and have 3’ of water over it, what good will going down 5 more feet do for me? Aren’t I still...
  13. sucker dave

It was, It was 1' above the well screeen. I went down 3' with a stand pipe from there. So my foot valve was 1 foot off the bottom of the well.
  14. sucker dave

I'm using thin walled couplings now. I guess I'll try driving it down another 5'. Did you see my coment about not having any water in my suction pipe when I was pulling it up? Could my packer be bad?
  15. sucker dave

Sam, Is there a way to measure the amount of water that a well will flow? If I use PVC, don't I risk not being able to get the packer back out if I have problems? The packer was located 29' down in the 30' well, I was using a 3' long 1" dia drop pipe from there, could that be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks