Recent content by Stupidhomeowner

1. Stupidhomeowner

Noise Coming From Cast Iron Boiler (video provided)

you think there is a leak somewhere inside the boiler? i don't see water anywhere
  2. Stupidhomeowner

Noise Coming From Cast Iron Boiler (video provided)

Hey there guys, just got a strange noise coming from my cast iron dunkirk boiler from around 95'. only makes noise when i call for heat. cant pinpoint exactly where except from inside the boiler. I took a video and posted the link below and you can hear around the 20sec mark when i get close...
  3. Stupidhomeowner

Connection for 1" Cast Iron to 1" Copper

Hello all, so i am switching out my 3/4" copper supply and return lines, from my radiators in one room, to 1" copper. The 3/4" connection was originally reduced from 1" cast iron with a dielectric union. I have been told that, going from cast to copper, i didnt need a dielectric union. so my...
  4. Stupidhomeowner

What Piping Method Do I Have?

Hello all, I posted a question a couple weeks back about what piping method I should use for a specific zone that my boiler is feeding. Somebody had posted a picture of a 2 pipe reverse return. I was of the belief that I had a 2 pipe direct return. Can anyone confirm? The radiator at the top...
  5. Stupidhomeowner

Thermometer to test pipe temps recommendation

So a piece of electrical tape around the object being tested would be done using any temp tool?
  6. Stupidhomeowner

Thermometer to test pipe temps recommendation

Hey guys, trying to test my radiator send and return pipe temps. Just wondering if you guys can send some links to some that you think are good. I tried using my electronic probe thermometer from the kitchen but it takes forever for the temp to climb.
  7. Stupidhomeowner

Series Loop vs 2 Pipe Direct Return for Boiler

So I have no problem starting from scratch with the piping. I just wanna make sure I’m optimizing my flow and heat as you said. This will be the 2nd time I’m tearing into it and I really don’t want there to be a third, my crawl space sucks, all work is done from your stomach or back lol. My...
  8. Stupidhomeowner

Thank you very much I was looking at the trv valves and I’m not sure I will be able to fit those on my slant fin radiators. With the end caps I have it doesn’t seems there’s enough room to put them in. I’m thinking I have to run the 2 pipe reverse return. I wouldn’t need any valves installed...
  9. Stupidhomeowner

Would you possible be able to send me a link of the bypass and trv that I would need? I imagine the bypass would connect at the 90degree elbow coming into the radiator?
  10. Stupidhomeowner

So if I do the series loop I would still have the piping in the crawl, I would just come up through the floor at each end of the radiators. I think I might have a professional come out and take a look because I’m a little lost with the bypass your talking about and I’m sure you don’t want to...
  11. Stupidhomeowner

I do want to get the probe you are talking about. as my name suggests, im just a stupid home owner with limited knowledge so some of what you are saying doesn't register with me. i will look into the air scoop you are talking about (im not even sure what that is lol) i got rid of the cast...
  12. Stupidhomeowner

hey there, thanks for your input. couple questions. do you think the heat loss would be greater with the more piping i have in the crawlspace doing the 2 pipe system compared to running series loop(which looks like i would have less pipes in the crawl). running series loop would mean the last...
  13. Stupidhomeowner

Hey there, thanks for the reply, the boiler runs at 180F. and yes, all 3 radiators will be in the same room.
  14. Stupidhomeowner

Hello to all, Im Gary from Chicago, just looking for some help with my radiator issue. I have a hot water boiler with 3 zones and a pump for each zone and a Taco switching relay. 1 zone goes to my 1 story addition on the back of the house with a crawl space underneath. To make a long story...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks