Recent content by student1

1. student1

vent pipe freezes solid

Had same problem some years back. With only two people, the septic system didn't generate much heat. Resolved by insulataing the vent pipe in the attic with 4" fibreglass. Good luck. Cheers
  2. student1

Why can't I Dry-fit PVC fittings?

That ain't gonna do you any good. The reason you can't dry-fit is because the socket is tapered down to an interference fit. My 2c.
  3. student1

question about sink drain size

ga1990, For what it’s worth, I’ve found that the most important part of a plumbing post is to tell prospective respondents where you are. Then, look at the respondent’s location (if given). There are a lot of Plumbing Codes out there, plus each municipality might have its own variant of the...
  4. student1

Granite Countertop Installs

Sad but not surprising. The poor homeowner is getting ripped off every day. This one had the benefit of your knowledge. But how many don't even know they've been had? Some 30 years ago, when aluminum siding was the "in thing," I witnessed a laborer setting up scafolding for siding...
  5. student1

Bathroom Plumbing Layout

A bit of reading, but this should help. http://irc.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/pubs/fulltext/nrcc46015.pdf
  6. student1

Bathroom Plumbing Layout

Blaze: 0. I'm not a plumber 1. Yes, as long as other code criteria are complied with. 2. The 2" vent, as drawn, is venting the horizontal portion of your waste/soil stack, not the proposed shower. Sink is OK, Toilet is OK. If you can tie into the stack upstream from the WC, you'd...
  7. student1

Bathroom Plumbing Layout

You can't wet-vent a fixture (shower) downstream from a WC. The 3" vent changes from vent to drain where the sink connects. The sink and the WC are "deemed" vented, and the WC is wet vented thru the 3" stack. Not sure what the 2" vent line does... unless it continues down to the lower...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks