Recent content by Storm rider

1. Storm rider

Need advice (Vent issue)

The vent CAN be rerouted, but it would be a lot easier to just put the niche in the next stud bay.
  2. Storm rider

Air Duct Cleaning: To Do or Not to Do?

I agree with Breplum. I've always used high quality 90-95% efficiency air filters and never needed a duct cleaned.
  3. Storm rider

Kitchen sink keeps backing up

Ground up is supposed to indicate that it is a switched receptacle, so it actually may be correct that way. As far as I know the latest NEC allows either ground up or ground down. I still install them all ground down, because that's the way I've done it for the last 50 years and I ain't changing...
  4. Storm rider

PVC Slip fit coupling Constant pressure (underground)

I've used those underground and (so far) no problems after 10 years.
  5. Storm rider

Water hardness

Scale Rx does nothing to soften water, and does not claim to do so. It alleges that it will reduce limescale buildup. People who "believe" in it will swear it works.
  6. Storm rider

Can't get dishwasher air gap to stop leaking - help?

The hose from the air gap to the disposer should not have a dip in it, because that section is gravity flow, not pumped flow. Shorten the hose so that it slopes down to the disposer. It should also have a straight connection to the disposer, not the 90 that is there now. If it needs the 90...
  7. Storm rider

TPR valve discharge piping; code vs reality?

I would be comfortable with your current installation, as many that I've seen were done that way (including mine).
  8. Storm rider

Splitting 1 bathroom into 2 smaller bathrooms

You will need to add some dimensions to that plan to see if the fixtures have the correct spacing. It is difficult to fit a three piece bathroom into a 5x7 space.
  9. Storm rider

Copper pipe crack

Looks like every freeze split I've ever had.
  10. Storm rider

water remains in dishwasher after cycle

I am not familiar with your particular DW, but it is typical of all built-in models to leave a little water in the bottom. It keeps the seals wet. It pumps out at the beginning of the next wash cycle before filling the DW with fresh water for the next wash.
  11. Storm rider

Pipe leak without connection..

If I understand you correctly, you have an open pipe in the hot water side. When you place the kitchen faucet in the middle (warm) position, cold water under pressure is crossing over through the faucet into the open (unpressurized) hot side. If the pipe were capped or connected to the hot water...
  12. Storm rider

looking for main line advice

You might check with your building official about required depth of the sewer pipe. In my zone it does not need to be below the frost line. If it is properly installed it would not have standing water in it to freeze.
  13. Storm rider

Bathroom sink conversion, single or double?

As to question 2, speaking only from a real estate perspective, if it is an ensuite bathroom or it is the only bathroom on that level of the house, it should be a double. If it is a secondary bathroom it can be either. At 72" it is certainly large enough for a double. See also response #3 above...
  14. Storm rider

Plumbing flow and pressure problems in a new house

Pressure and flow (volume) are two different problems. Is your problem pressure, volume, or both? Was the house plumbed with copper or pex?
  15. Storm rider

Advice on removing whole house filter

Replacement cartridges (AP917HD) are available, they're just not cheap. https://www.amazon.com/3M-Aqua-Pure-Sanitary-Change-Filter/dp/B005XA9SVE?th=1
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks