Recent content by stoneaxe

1. stoneaxe

Roots in house water supply lines- how to check flow and flush system

About 5gpm- OK- I don't know how many elbows or the distance, the house is supplied with a 1" poly line then to copper, I would guesstimate 40 ft in 1/2".
  2. stoneaxe

Roots in house water supply lines- how to check flow and flush system

A few years back I had no water to a toilet. The valve in the 1/2" supply line was clogged with a tiny root wad. This thread- https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/30-year-old-well-system-complete-replacement-pump-tank-etc-nuts.54424/ -details how I found a broken well line with...
  3. stoneaxe

New punp, tank, plumbing, and... vibration.

Yes, it is either 20' or 40' above the pump, where two 20' sections of drop pipe join. I cannot remember which. There are two 20' sections and a short 5' or so section.
  4. stoneaxe

New punp, tank, plumbing, and... vibration.

We had our submersible pump, motor, drop pipe, line to the well house, and tank all replaced. you can see the thread I started about it here- https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?54424-30-year-old-well-system-complete-replacement-pump-tank-etc-nuts&highlight=stoneaxe 50' well, 35'...
  5. stoneaxe

undergound well pipe connections- rust resistance, electrolysis, etc-

Yeah, the worst part is that damn few of them are elected, most are career bureaucrats expanding their domains looking for other excuses to save the world. The EPA was good idea in the beginning, I remember when acid from the etching plants and dye from the velvet factory went straight into the...
  6. stoneaxe

Best type of earthquake resistant connection from pitless to tank?

You are referring to a kink caused by a bend, and not a pressure collapse that flattens the pipe? If there is that much ground movement, it will be the least of my concerns- we are in a class 4 quake zone here, but utter destruction only comes every 300 years or so. The last one was...
  7. stoneaxe

undergound well pipe connections- rust resistance, electrolysis, etc-

This is an addendum to my earlier "earthquake resistant pitless connection" thread. I now have a brass hose barb with 1" poly for the pitless connection. This line tees at the tank house with one side going to the house , and the other in galvanized steel, to the pressure tank switch etc...
  8. stoneaxe

I checked with falcon, they do not reccomend the SS flex for underground use. Tell me about the flexible glueable PVC?
  9. stoneaxe

After finding my well problem was a busted off 1" PVC to MPT fitting screwed into the pitless adapter, I started thinking about some type of less brittle way than PVC pipe to get from the well to the pumphouse- I think either settling or earthquake activity resulted in the breakage. Is...
  10. stoneaxe

Looking for a good hand pump backup for well head

Do you have personal experience with the simple pump, or are your comments generic for all hand pumps?
  11. stoneaxe

30 year old well system- complete replacement- pump, tank, etc.-nuts?

Today the well pump would not shut off at all, the pressure would not get over 55 psi. So I started to dig to the water line, no sense paying the well guys the big bucks to run a shovel... When I got to 18" below grade, the ditch started to fill with water- hmmm. Shut off the pump, and...
  12. stoneaxe

It seems like a bigger tank would work to reduce cycling and have a bit more water on hand for the short power outages- usually we lose power for a couple of hours or so, so I don't bother to go start the generator. Good time to make coffee and sit quietly by the fire!
  13. stoneaxe

Looking for a good hand pump backup for well head

About 20' lift, but I want to pump into the pressure tank- simple pump says their unit can do this.
  14. stoneaxe

I found out they use a Franklin motor, and it is a single phase pump- the "motor control" is just a couple of capacitors in a box.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks